Sunday, November 01, 2009

Birthday - Halloween - Sick

Time is flying by even faster than I care to admit. It is unbelievable that our son is now 18. Friday was his 18th birthday. He didn't ask for much, and he didn't get a whole lot either. We did give him a game that he wanted and he has spent a good amount of time playing that game. I went in on Saturday and played the game with him for a bit, and he said that it is better than playing against the computer. It was Wii Sports Resort and it has a few fun games on that disc.

I went to work as normal on Friday. There were a few problems that I had to take care of and then there was an issue that I researched for awhile before being brought to the realization that it was a policy that should not be in the data warehouse. Now, it will be interesting to see if Gallagher Bassett will actually get it taken care of. I also was able to run a couple of errands. I had to get a prescription for me as well as get donuts for our sons birthday. He said he didn't want cake. Instead he wanted glazed donuts. I got them in the form of pumpkins (they were colored orange as well as having a green stem in the middle).

Soon after arriving home, we went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. This was his choice because they have the most tender ribs and they really are fall off the bone (I witnessed this firsthand - my son and I shared a full rack). The dinner was fun and we were able to have them come over and give our son a Texas yahoo. He was embarrassed and had to sit on a saddle. He didn't like that much, but it's the price he had to pay. He took it all in with grace.

The people that were at the dinner were Grandma and Grandpa Wach, Pam, Melanie, Nathan and of course the four of us. Our daughter took the picture with my phone and I posted it on facebook just for further embarrassment for our son. He'll do OK with it all.

Saturday came along and we had to get up and go to the church to clean it up. We were with the Browns. The cleaning went well and everybody did their part. It was not too much of a chore to get done. Our son didn't show up at first because he had to drive our daughter to the school so she could go to a Marching Band competition. It only took an hour, so he only had to be with us for about half an hour on this.

I called my sister to make sure that her moving was going OK. She said that she thought they had enough people helping them move that it wasn't a problem that my family could not come (I had called her the day before to tell her we were cleaning the church).

We got home and just did a few minor chores, but not too much really. We just hung out at home with one brief jaunt to Walmart for some stuff that our son wanted to purchase with some of his birthday money. As I mentioned, I played a few games with our son. He later got invited to go to a Halloween party that night.

Our son left our home around 5:00 tonight and didn't get home till after midnight (it was about 12:20 that he came in). I did remind my wife that he was now 18. Our daughter got home from her Marching Band competition in Logan (where they took first place) and then went to a friends house for some Halloween festivities. She went to two different homes. She got home around 10:45 or so. We didn't have a lot of kids at first but then they came a little later than we thought they should've been coming. We had too much candy, but that is something that the people in my family won't mind too much. Our son did come home long enough to pick up Hocus Pocus to show over at the party he was at. It sounds like it was a party full of adults and him and Austin (of course he is an adult now too).

Thankfully, it was the end of daylight savings time, so I was able to sleep in this morning. Unfortunately, I woke up and had the runs and my stomach wasn't feeling to great. I let my wife know this and we didn't go to church. I didn't think the whole family needed to stay home, but if I had the flu (which I don't think I did) then I needed to make sure to not spread it. It was just a day at home for us. Nothing much happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home