Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eagle Project and Other stuff

This week went fast. Not too much to tell though.

Friday was a day off of work for me. I took the time to mow the lawn and get it winterized with a winterizing fertilizer. I was able to use up two that I had, but they were different kinds. Since I had done this (and watered it in) my wife is afraid to let our dog go out on our back lawn. This was taken care of by Saturday morning when it had rained through the night. My wife and I went to a nice lunch on Friday and just enjoyed our time together.

Saturday I did a few things around the house and then our daughter was a bit upset because she thought we had lost her friends sock that she had borrowed for a Marching Band competition. She was sure that she had thrown it into the laundry (along with 2 of her three pairs) but it was missing as are the other two pairs. We couldn't find it in the laundry room so I went with her to look for some socks for her competition. We weren't able to find anything that would work. We finally came home and she would just use some socks that our son had used. Then, my wife found the missing sock for her friend and said she would wash these. It was in our daughters closet (that's kind of what we thought).

I took care of turning the water off for our sprinkling system and cleaned out all the window wells to our house. It was good to just get some of this stuff done. My wife has wanted those window wells cleaned out for sometime. After grabbing a bite to eat, my son and I headed to the church for Brysons Eagle project. We headed to some hills behind the Draper temple to help fix up some of the bike trails that are there. We got there about 1:00 PM.

By the time we got there it was starting to drizzle outside. I thought of all the fun we were going to be having on these dirt trails in the rain. We were all given a pick and a rake/shovel thing to carry and then got to hike for about a mile to start working. It was raining off and on. By the time we stopped and were ready to start working a major hail storm hit. There was nowhere to hide. That, along with the lightening made for an interesting time. After that we just had some slight rain off an on. This made for a muddy trail and we all carried about 20 pounds of mud on our feet. We made sure the grade was good for rain to continue on down the mountain and took care of a few bumps that were along the trail. It was a good Eagle project but it was a miserable one. The weather was the worst part of the misery.

On the hike back, I had to get mad at one of the scouts who wasn't carrying his fair share of equipment. He seemed to think that the lighter he could go the better to everybody elses detriment. I made it so things were a bit more fair. Then, when we got back he took all the rest of the fiber one bars that were meant for everybody. He didn't know I'd seen him fill his pocket full of those and pretended that he only got one packet of gummies. I asked about what was in his pockets and forced him to share with the rest.

On the way down, we slid quite a bit. My car is all muddy now and I will have to go get it cleaned at some point. My wife was a bit upset that I haven't cleaned it yet. We picked up some pizza on the way down and had that at the Walkers home.

We got home and it felt good to get in a hot shower. We just kind of vegged for the rest of the evening. We did have to wait for our daughter to get home from her competition. The paper said she would be back by 10:30 in the evening, so I got to the school by then. I sat in the parking lot reading and relaxing until about 11:30. They finally got back. It sounds like the competition didn't go as well this time. They took third place again. A lot of that was because one of the horn players lost a tuning piece on his horn twice and stopped to pick it up which caused a problem for the people marching about. Our daughter wasn't too bummed out about that. It was late when we got home.

This morning I woke up tired. It was also hard to get our daughter out of bed, but we got up and got ready for church. Priesthood meeting with the deacons was about service. I then went to Sunday School with my wife and we talked about welfare. Just before Sacrament meeting I talked to the Lambournes so we could go over and hometeach them. Since I had some thoughts coming from Deacons quorum, I decided I would give them a lesson on service. Interestingly, that was what the Sacrament meeting was on. The Mabungas gave their talks in church previous to leaving to be a Temple President in the Philippines.

Our son had a meeting and as soon as he got home we went hometeaching. That went pretty well. We just talked for a bit, I gave a quick lesson and they gave us some nice warm cookies.

Once home, we decided that we would try to see Chantelle and Mikes new home. We gave them a call and went out and spent some time with them in Lehi. That was a nice visit. Not much else is going on. I am staying up late to watch a horror movie and then will go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home