Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day - Tonsillectomy

Another week has gone by. For the most part it was pretty uninteresting. Since Paul hasn't been at work, I have been taking care of a few things that he normally takes care of. I just hope that I have taken care of it all in the ways that he would have.

Friday, I took the day off at work. I was able to mow the lawn and to go pick up some things from the store for us to go up to the cabin for the Labor Day weekend. My wife went up to Swiss Days with a couple of her girlfriends. I went to Costco and to Walmart for a bunch of stuff. I did look at a Little Giant ladder and am considering whether or not I should purchase one. I'm still out on that one.

Saturday we slept in a bit and then started to get ready to go. My wife didn't want to take care of anything so it was left up to me with some help from the kids. I am grateful for our son who is more than happy to help. We got almost everything ready when my wife asked about paper products. That was the only thing we missed.

We got out of our home and up to the cabin by about noon. We ate a quick lunch and then went down to Swiss Days to meet up with my wife's parents. I wandered a bit with my wife and we bought a 2 pictures in one of the Salt Lake temple. The second picture we chose was also the Salt Lake Temple in Christmas lights. They are really quite gorgeous pictures. I have put them here and if you want to see more of what these people do go to this website: http://framedlegacy.com/ Anyway, I guess we did our part to help out the economy.

We stayed to have a BBQ dinner (I actually had Navajo [they call them Swiss] Tacos. We then headed to the cabin and just spent the evening goofing around a bit. Not too much else went on.

We slept in on Sunday and then just kind of were lazy around the cabin. We played some Progressive Rummy and ate. Pam came up a little later and we made dinner and then went up to the top of the canyon to look at some of the cabins up there. I also drove with my kids and Rod to another lookout point up Snake Canyon. There weren't enough colors there yet to be impressed with. We went back and watched Get Smart. Pam stayed the night.

Monday we packed up to leave. We also messed around a bit, and enjoyed our time. We did leave by around 11:30. Not much else went on. My wife needed to rest before she went in for her tonsillectomy.

This morning we had to get up early. We had to be to the surgical center by 6:30 AM and prepped. We got there all right. We were even a few minutes early. The tonsillectomy was done by about 8:30 and then we had to wait for my wife to wake up. I went in to her around 9:30 and we left by around 10:30. We were home by about 11:00. My wife is feeling nauseous a bit and in pain. We are working on that.

When we arrived home we noticed that the school had called. I had to call them back because our daughter had been hit in the head with a softball and then when she was leaving that she ran into a door frame hitting her head again as well as her arm. I had to run to the school to give her some Ibuprofen and she decided to stay at school because she didn't want to miss her math class. She was wondering what to do about Marching Band, so I got that taken care of by talking with her teacher. She won't have to stay after school today. I told her to give me a call if she needed anything but somebody is supposed to be with my wife for the day. Well, that's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home