Sunday, August 09, 2009

Work Problems - Day at Lagoon

Last Thursday I was asked to stay at work until around 6:00 in the evening. It would be a long day since I usually get into work at 6:00 in the morning, but I was OK with that. We were changing the version of IBI tools that we run. 6:00 turned to 7:00 and finally finished up around midnight. It was an extremely long day and we still didn't accomplish what we hoped to accomplish. We had to turn it all back. I went home tired from the long day. I slept in Friday morning.

After waking up Friday morning, I had to get to the store to pick up a couple of items so we could go to the Lagoon. After getting all of that we got Melina to come over and then headed out. We took Lizzy over to Dee Anne's parents and then got to the Lagoon just before noon. We started out by eating a quick lunch and then the kids separated themselves from us to ride the rides. We noticed that one of the drink packets I had gotten to put in our water had a lot of caffeine to it. We tried to hide this from the kids so they wouldn't use it, but that ended up being useless as they tore apart the box until they found it. But, we think the caffeine that my wife imbibed in (me too) is what made it so she could ride more rides than she has ever ridden before when we have come with the kids. We even got her to go on the ride Wicked (which she had refused before because we had a bad experience). It turns out to be one of her favorite rides now.

We stayed at the Lagoon until around 10:00 in the evening when we packed it up and left. I think we all had an enjoyable time there.

While I was at the Lagoon, my work informed me (through the blackberry) that they had gone to the new system. Things seemed to be working but not recvchk. That was driving me crazy but I finally figured out why and let them know about it. That did get fixed and things seemed to be OK.

Because of the previous days activity, we had to have a relaxing day at home. We really didn't do too much on Saturday. There was a little bit of laundry, and when our sons white shirt turned yellow because of the bleach, I had to go to the store and pick up a new shirt for him. The shirt did say not to bleach it, and I notice that the new shirt says to use non-chlorine bleach. At any rate it was a day of not doing anything. We were called and asked if we could go in to see the Stake about our temple recommends on Sunday. I also had to run across town to pick up our daughters flute that was in to get tuned up.

I also had to check on the jobs on Saturday because of the changes that had been made at work. All but one set of jobs worked, and I decided that the part that wasn't going right would be OK. I would wait until Monday to get it all fixed.

This morning, my wife and I went to our Temple Recommend interview. We got with Brother LaMunyon, and finished that process out. We then had to get to church by 11:00 in the morning. My wife hasn't had Allie there so it was a surprise when Allie was there today. She had to go home to get the games and stuff and after she went to Relief Society and I went to Priesthood meeting, we stayed in the Gym and played a few games with her.

Before church started though, I had to get involved with work. The whole system was down and after they brought it up properly, I had to get my jobs to run. Thank goodness they all worked (minus what we knew didn't work).

We realized tonight that we had to have some food available to our daughter tomorrow for Marching Band camp, so I took her to the store with me to pick up some items that we needed. I shouldn't have done the shopping, but didn't really see what we should do with all of that. Well, that's my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home