Monday, August 17, 2009

Party at Larrys House

I got a lot of things accomplished at work, but that is not what this journal is about. Instead I will tell of what is happening in my regular life.

I had to pick up some fruit from Costco on the way home from work. My wife also wanted a new trail mix that we had tried the other day at Pam's house yesterday. It was a blueberry, pomegranate mix and was in bars. It was quite tasty. I got that for my wife for her to go to BYU's Education Week tomorrow. But, I arrived home and we just had to put together a couple of things. Of course, my wife had been out shopping trying to find some board shorts for our daughter that were decent. This is the wrong time of year for that, but she did it anyway. She also bought each of the kids a new t-shirt. She then made some bar cookies that are quite yummy.

We headed out for the party at my brothers house and got caught in some traffic on the way there. We took some funny ways around, but finally got there. We were able to meet Pam there who we exchanged the dog for the kids. We also gave her a brief look around the house. She thought it was big with only a couple of bedrooms (which is true). Well, she was invited to stay for awhile but she chose to leave. It would've been nice if she could've stayed with us, but she was embarrassed.

I was surprised that Eileen was there from North Carolina. I guess she came down for her daughters graduation from BYU. She had also been down to Moab to visit with her mother who had broken a bone (I think it was a shoulder bone).

We just kind of talked to a few people while the hamburgers were getting made and then ate. After dinner, I went out into the pool to play some pool volleyball. We make up the rules as we go, and it was actually quite fun. Certainly not real volleyball.

The only other thing we did while we were there was to wish my mom a happy 80th birthday. It's not till the 23rd (this Sunday) but since the temple dedication is going on that day for the Oquirrh Mountain temple (all church is cancelled that day in Utah) we decided to celebrate on this day instead.

We had to leave around 9:45 so we could go pick up our dog from Pam and Anne. Anne had one of her sisters visiting her with her two kids as well as the other twin who lives there currently. We stayed for a little while and then we headed home. I had to look up prices on the BYU education week for my wife so she wouldn't be completely surprised, but other than that all things are set to go. It's late and time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home