Sunday, August 30, 2009

Golf - Bellamy Brothers

Thursday I had a doctors appointment with a doctor that looks at your hormones and testosterone levels to see if he can take care of some of your medical problems through natural drugs (rather than the synthetic ones). He was a doctor that I really enjoyed. He has a cheerful demeanor and is one that you feel comfortable with when telling him your problems. It will be about two weeks for my test results to get back. I wonder if he'll be able to tell me why I get so many kidney stones.

Friday morning I was able to fix a problem that had been plaguing me in the past couple of days. I even got it done before I had to head out to go golfing. The golfing was a work golf day and it was kind of fun even though golfing isn't the thing I like to be doing.

We were told to get there in time to have some breakfast. I had an omelet and it was quite good. I had asked to be close to the first ones to go out because I needed to get home for a concert that night. I was in the second group out and was golfing with Merlin. We also were with Darin and Todd (a sales rep from IBI). Merlin and I were not good golfers, while Todd and Darin were. They put up with us all right, but that was about it. My good hits were the hits that they were calling lousy. I only had two downright impressive tee offs in the whole 18 holes. At one point, the Marshall of the golf course came out and told us that we were to be playing scramble (that is that the best shot is the one we all shoot from when golfing). He was quite grumpy about it, and there really wasn't a good reason for that because we were right on top of the first group who were right on top of the group in front of them. We just continued on the same way (ignoring what he asked).

We had lunch on the course and then finally the last hole there was a competition where you start wherever you hit the ball onto the green and then get a wobbly ball to hit into the hole. All of us had gotten really close to the hole so were able to hit from there. We ended up with six for the four of us to get in (Todd had gone home and I hit his ball in for him). Both of mine were one hit and the other two got two hits. Anyway, I had to leave about now because it was about 4:00.

I got home and my wife was telling me that she was hungry so wanted to get out and start our date. I quickly showered and got out. Our conversation wasn't very good between us and we ended up with a roadblock. I called Steve and told him we wouldn't be able to make it to the dinner with them before the show, and then we went to a mall instead because we had to kind of calm down. My wife had wanted to go home and blow the whole evening off. I was glad that she didn't do this. We did talk to Steve just before the show and he told us that he would let us know if some seats around him were empty.

The Bellamy Brothers did a good concert. We both quite enjoyed the music. At around 8:30 Steve texted me and let me know of some seats that were by him. I didn't notice the text until about 15 minutes later. We did move up right behind the four of them (Barbara, Mark, Steve and Susan). We moved up there. Then the people in the seats next to Steve were emptied. We moved up there and were now in the front row. It wasn't a spectacular concert, but it was a good one and we enjoyed our time there.

After the concert, we hung back and talked with the four of them. Mark had a seizure which I always hate to see. I'm just glad that Steve takes the time to be with his sister and her husband. I am sure they appreciate it as well. After awhile, Mark and Barbara left to go home and then Steve and Susan drove us to our vehicle. We then sat there and talked for quite awhile. In the meantime, our son texted me and told me that he had picked up our daughter from the Bingham game that she was playing in the pep band for. Bingham won, and it was against their greatest rival Alta. Both these schools are the top schools in the district and have been winning back and forth for years. Anyway, the conversation with Steve was great and I think we both had a good time. I know I did, and hope that my wife did also. The kids were still up when we got home. We got them to bed and then went to bed ourselves. I was starting to stiffen up from my golf game.

I slept in till about 9:00 on Saturday. When I finally got up, I knew that I had better beat the heat and get out to mow my lawn. I did the trimming as well and also some weeding. By the time I was done, I was hot and sweaty. Thank goodness I finished before the real heat came in. I had to run some jobs for work because the warehouse had gone down the night before, and then I was able to do some dusting and vacuuming in the house (well I took time to read the paper and relax too). After all of that, I took everything out of the freezer so we could defrost it. This took the rest of the day to get defrosted, but now there is actually room in the freezer to put a few things. We also took our daughter to a birthday party that she didn't get home from until about 11:00 in the evening.

Today, my wife wasn't feeling that great and stayed home from church. She was released from her calling as the special needs teacher and it will be interesting to see if they still do one. Now she just has to worry about what they will call her to next. Nothing much happened in church today, but Glen did ask me about my feelings on whether or not we should get a new assistant Scout Master because of the camp outs I have missed with these concerts (and I will miss the one in September too). I told him that would be nice, but the concerts for the year are almost over. We'll have to see what happens next year, but I would like to do the concerts again. It has been fun. Not much else went on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home