Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Grace of God

Not much happened today, but I thought I would write something in here anyway. My wife had seen a picture at one of her parents neighbors houses, and fell in love with it. I found it online and called the guy who made the picture. He lived pretty close to our house, so I set up an appointment to see him. Anyway, since it was snowing (again) I called to see if we could come over a bit earlier than we had planned. It was a possibility, so we went over.

The artists house was a bit of a mess because they are recovering from a broken pipe going to his refrigerator for the ice and water out of the fridge. This is one of the reasons I refuse to do this same thing in our house. It seems there are more people who receive damage from those things, and it just isn't worth it to me.

Anyway, he showed us some of his pictures and brought up the one that we had talked about. He gave us one that had a strata finish. This is a laminate that makes it look like the print is a canvass. It was done really nicely, and we are quite pleased with the purchase. The cost wasn't too bad either (only $99). We originally thought it was a picture of Jesus Christ holding a little boy and loved the face of Jesus. My wife mentioned (as we were leaving) she had never seen this in a picture of Christ. He asked what we thought it was a picture of. He told us that that is what a lot of people think, but in reality, he had pictured it as Joseph holding the toddler Jesus. The title "Grace of God" is based on the few verses of Jesus when he was growing up in grace and stature.

Well, that's about all I have to say on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home