Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another Week

Another week has come and gone, so I need to write something. I really don't have a lot to write about though. Nothing much has happened during this past week. I have stayed busy at work trying to implement a new process for taking care of data on a server in Oregon. Most of what I have tried has been a failure or has taken too long in the running. Today, finally, we had a break through and I think we will be able to get through. I am still going to be testing it on a database on our system, but it looks like once I get it there it will be easily transferred to the other system. At least that was good news.

There hasn't been much going on at home though. We have tried to push our son to start working on his Eagle. We at least had a committee member look over his Eagle project to make sure it is all in order and we have gotten some counselor names for those last three merit badges that my son needs. Now, we just need to have him call them.

Our son has started some more intense training for the marching band and doing formations on the football fields. This is mandatory training that goes on this whole week (Monday through Friday) from 8:00 AM till 4:00 PM. He still seems to have the energy required to do this.

Tonight, we had the deacons and teachers from the ward into our home to play on a flight simulator for their aviation merit badge. We got the flight simulator from the library and my son really enjoys playing on that thing. Anyway, there were only four boys that came over and one parent. We talked to him for quite awhile (I forget his name - but they just recently moved into the ward). It was good conversation that went on though, and my wife and I enjoyed that.

We also found what we are going to be responsible for the ward party coming up on September 14th. The primary is doing a talent show. The primary president told us that she would take care of the fliers (creating and getting them out), setting up the cultural hall, and the talent program itself. We are responsible for the pies and clean up. Of course we will need to get volunteers to bring the pies, cut them up and serve on plates. This one doesn't seem like it will be too difficult. Once again, I just don't know how many will be there. I guess we had better over do it again rather than not have enough.

That's really all that has gone on. Oh wait, I guess my daughter came home from camp also. She really had a good time at Oakcrest girls camp. With her home, there is once again fighting between my son and her that we didn't miss when she was gone. At least they care about each other when the chips are down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home