Monday, July 02, 2007

Birthday

Today is my birthday. I came into work and found that one of the jobs had crashed. I had to take some measures to fix it. It wasn't a huge deal, but had to be fixed. I also had to run the monthly jobs today.

I finally broke down today and decided to get a real cell phone plan. We have been on a very inexpensive (and cheap) plan with AT&T. It was only $15 a month (this year it jumped to $20 because of some fees the government added in because of the old technology of my phone). It only gave us 60 minutes of airtime and 250 minutes of nighttime and weekends. The lady I talked to said that this was a very old plan (which it was) and was surprised that I still had it. Anyway, they gave me a bonus 200 minutes per month on the family plan that I chose. I took the smallest family plan which was 550 minutes for just two phones for $60. I hate having a two year contract, and that has been the biggest barrier for me in getting a real plan. I'm sure I'll like the plan, I just hate the contract and having to pay that much more for it (yes, I am a cheapskate). Anyway, we have to wait for a few days to get our two phones.

I left work a little bit early today because I was having a hard time concentrating on things. I had also worked a little on Sunday, so it really wasn't a problem.

Soon after arriving home, I was asked to take my son to find him some white white shorts for the marching band. We went to JC Penney, Sports Authority, Ross, Kohls, Sears and finally Walmart where we found some shorts that would fit him. He is in an awkward size. He is at the top of the youth section and the bottom of the mens section. Plus, finding completely white shorts was difficult. I should've bought two of them, but I only got the one.

After stopping off at KFC and getting mashed potato bowls for the kids we hurried home. I had to change and then my wife and I headed out to the Great Salt Lake for my birthday thing. We went to a place called Salt Island Adventures. We had a pretty good time. We got there a little early and an older gentleman came over to talk to me while my wife was talking to some people in his party. He was watching her flit around and talk with a lot of different people.

When we boarded the boat, we were placed at a table at the front of the boat with a family of four. They were from Wendover and we enjoyed their company. He is only my age, but is the stake president of his stake and he said this is the third time he has been in the stake presidency. We did tell them that I would email him about what was done on the Trek that the youth took.

Sunset was beautiful and I took a few pictures of that. The dinner was pretty decent too (not great, but decent). Anyway, it was a good birthday surprise.

Aubree called me while we were on the cruise to wish me a happy birthday. It was nice to talk to her for a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home