Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wedding

Nothing much happened on Wednesday or Thursday. I went to work on those days and worked on some things for RiskMaster. I didn't feel that I got very far with it though. There will still need to be some stuff done there. I did give a date that I thought we may be able to bring all things over into test though. It is a really progressive date and I hope I can meet the deadline that I gave especially while my daughter is going to be here from August 1st through the 6th. It's going to take a lot of work from me and hopefully there are no major problems that I will have to contend with coming from the production side.

Friday, I took the day off from work. My mother-in-law came out to our house so we could drive her to the Timpanogus temple. Cosy was getting married there. While she was born in the United States, she has been raised in Italy. Her husband is Brazilian. She has been staying at her Grandmas house her in Utah. Anyway, she was able to have her mother come over from Italy to witness this marriage. Tony stayed back (but not being LDS wouldn't have been in the temple anyway) and his parents did not come to the wedding. There were a number of his family that showed up that were living in California though. It was a nice wedding and the sealer did a good job of giving advice to the young couple.

Of course, we hung around the temple for pictures. It was hot outside, but we dealt with it. They finally made it out to us. After our pictures were taken we headed home. We had about 45 minutes to be able to change and then relax before going to the Wedding Breakfast at the Golden Corral. Gladys (the grandmother) paid for it. It was pretty funny seeing Margaret trying to get Gladys to take a hundred dollars though. We watched as two ladies (who are in the late 70's and early 80's) fighting over this envelope and who wouldn't end up with it. I think Margaret finally lost.

We told Randy that we would drive his mother home so she could stay as long as things were going on at the Wedding Breakfast. We had a nice visit at the Breakfast as well as taking Gladys home.

Nothing bad happened by leaving our kids at home. My son had even had his friend Craig over for a sleepover the night before and he was gone when we arrived home. We took care of a couple of odds and ends, and the day was well spent.

Saturday was a cleaning day. I spent a lot of it trying to get my kids to clean their rooms. The vacuum cleaner made a really loud bang (and my son says smoke came out of it) and we decided that we had better go buy that vacuum cleaner today (my wife has been on me about getting a new one for about a year now). Well, I called a couple of places because we knew that my sister-in-law had one that she liked really well. It was a Hoover. Sears told me they had that model, and I went there. Well, they didn't have that model. It was very discouraging. They had one that was similar (and maybe it was the same thing) but it didn't have the same number. My wife called a few places while I went from store to store looking for it. Even the Hoover store said they had it and they were talking about a different model (although they could get the exact model). After a long afternoon of running around with this, I bought it from there. I was just glad to have this all over with. The kids were happy to vacuum with the new vacuum. That won't last long.

Nothing much to report on from today. I went to church, tried not to sleep through it, and came home. We did have to get my daughter to a kickoff fireside for her girls camp tomorrow. We also took over her stuff. I dropped the net that we had used for our ward party off to a ladies house who is in the stake. She of course, was disappointed about the terrible condition of the net, but we had told her that it was in terrible condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home