Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Casey is in town

Zach stayed up talking to his girlfriend on the phone till it was quite late last Wednesday evening going into Thursday. My wife tells me that he woke up that next morning just in time to be able to take him out to his plane. I'm glad that we were able to have that time together.

I was busy all day Thursday and Friday at work trying to get things ready for our next date that we have picked for our test conversion. It is looking like we will not meet the next date we had picked. There wasn't a whole lot of chance of getting there that fast anyway, but we at least were able to give it a shot. As it sits, we have had to change the way that we were planning on doing it. It looks like I will have to be the one that extracts the data from Pinnacle (which is in Oregon) and then update their system with what we have as far as the Policy information goes. That's just the way it is, I suppose.

When I got home Friday evening, my wife informed me that Sister Lonny wants me to give my testimony of the atonement of Christ while telling the group in gospel doctrine at what point I gained my testimony and how. It took some contemplation on my part, but I came up with a basic idea of what I would say and of course it was refined as I felt necessary during class time on Sunday. I was told that what I said was good, although that wasn't what I was after. I was just filling an assignment to the best of my ability with the help of the Holy Spirit. I do believe that is where the trust had to be put.

I can't think of much to really write about. Casey came into town today, so after work I headed over to my in-laws to visit with him. I went on a walk with my son and the dog and it rained on us. It wasn't too terrible of a rainstorm though.

A couple of people played with my cell phone, and I found Anne was sending herself some pictures from it. I haven't paid for that service so will have to pay for those per message I guess. Tonight I found that the phone had no service. When I tried to make a call it said something about it being strictly for emergencies. I didn't know what to think about that, but the phone did work later.

It has been hot around here for a long time now. We have been over 100 degrees for over a week. Today, we even got some humidity along with that. Even at night it doesn't cool down much. This has caused for some big fires in the state of Utah. One of those fires burned about 500 square miles. They do have it contained now, but it took some doing.

Well, with Casey in town, I guess we will spend a bit of time with him over this next week. We, of course, also have the ward party that we need to finish up. I sure hope it all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home