Monday, March 05, 2007

Splitting Ward

There hasn't been much of anything to put in here over the last few days, but I thought I should write anyway so that some semblance of what is going on is recorded.

I had Friday off of work (as I do every other Friday) and my kids were home as well. My son came home on Thursday from school with sniffles and he was getting sick. He was sick for the entire weekend (bummer because he and my daughter had Friday off of school).

Some of the regular, mundane things were done over the weekend. That is cleaning of the house and some laundry.

Sunday came around. We left our son at home to try to get over his sickness. He slept a lot. My wife and I came home during Sunday School, and then my wife stayed home with him while I went back to church to be with my daughter in Fast and Testimony meeting. It was there that it was announced that the ward would be splitting next Sunday. This leaves all kinds of mixed feelings for the members of the ward. Everybody wonders where the new boundaries are going to be. Are they going to bring in other wards with this split or is it just a split? I hope it is just a split. We are getting used to the people of the ward and will miss whoever is cut out. I just don't know that I want to get to know a whole new set of people with a new ward. Of course, this puts our particular church callings kind of on a burner. My son is excited because he seems to think this means he won't have to act in the mini roadshow that is coming up in two weeks time. I, of course told him that we will probably still do some things with the other ward until some things settle down. This brings disappointment to his face.

There weren't as many tears during testimony meeting like I expected there would be, but some people did say that they would miss some of you. I don't quite no how to feel and the only thing I can really do is wait until next week to see what will happen. I mostly thought I should put in here what is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home