Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Just stuff

There really isn't too much going on right now. Yesterday, I had to take my son to the school so he could play one song (it was a medley) for the incoming seventh graders to his middle school. He had to borrow some "church pants" from a neighbor because he only knows where one pair is, and it is at grandmas house. They do a really good job. After that, we watch Flicka. It was a good movie, but not one that I consider to be great. I had to get it back to the video store that night. I have the "Free with MVP" there, and they haven't updated their lists. That is maddening to me because they used to mark all the videos but don't anymore. The only way to know on the newer releases if it is free with MVP is to have the list that they have been putting out. By not having it, it makes it difficult to figure out. I pick out a couple (finding out that one I picked out is not free with MVP) and then leave. I was a bit discouraged. I was in a melancholy mood for the rest of the evening.

Tonight, after arriving home from work, I take the kids to piano lessons. My wife stays home preparing us some wonderful chicken tacos. After picking the kids back up, I don't have time to sit down and eat so I have to take my taco to the school and eat in the parking lot. I then go in to listen to the medley that my son gets to play. This time, knowing that it starts out with a really strong note, I am looking over the audience. Everybody jumps when they start. It is the star wars song at the beginning of this medley. Once again, they do a wonderful job.

While I am waiting for my son (they had some pizza) I saw the principal in the hall. I introduce myself to him and he remembers who I am. He tells me that he is still working with the math board on my particular problem. I ask him if any other of the math teachers do the two hours of homework thing. He tells me that they don't. Mrs. Gordon is the only one who has the boot camp mentality. That was his words. I guess he is going to tell her not to do that anymore. At least I was able to help out future kids that will be going into that. Too late for my daughter though.

At Young Men tonight, we learn what we need to do for a road show. We will be doing the part about Ammon where some sheep are scattered and some arms are cut off. The deacons will probably have a good time with that. I had to run to Lances house to find his bag that he keeps all the scouting stuff in. It was nowhere to be found. Lance went home and found it but had told me the wrong places to look for it. We had a party for his son tonight who is leaving the deacons quorum for the teachers quorum. Today was his birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home