Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow and Ice

When I woke up this morning I could see that we got some snow. There really wasn't that much, so I wasn't that concerned. I didn't see any footprints up to the porch so I was sure that the milk man had not come yet, however, I looked anyway and saw that it was there. It was snowing and all, so I figured that he must have just barely missed the snow. It turns out that while my wife was sleeping on the couch (that's a bit different, eh?) that she heard the milk man at around 12:45. I was kind of shocked that he would come that early. By the way, the reason my wife was on the couch was because she needed to be reclined instead of flat on her back because of breathing type problems. The gunk in the air has really been hard on her. This storm at least cleared all of that out.

Anyway, since the snow was minimal I decided against driving the SUV to work and opted for the Mitsubishi Galant. That was a mistake. I knew it was a mistake when I was turning off of Bangerter onto 90th South. I just kind of slid into there. I guess it was so cold that the snow almost immediately turned into ice. I also was hearing that the freeway was having all kinds of slide offs because of this storm. I stayed on the other roads rather than hopping onto the freeway. I go to work early enough that most roads aren't that crowded. I slipped my way into my parking place at work and started my day. There still isn't a lot going on at work, but I will be getting more to do later. When it rains it pours, but when it is dry there is a draught. I works both ways for me.

I finished up everything at work and headed on home. I had gone to the bank during the day to get a cashiers check for my daughter for her birthday which is coming up soon. It's hard for me to believe that I am old enough to have a 21 year old daughter. I don't feel that old (well, at least most of the time I don't). Besides the grey in my goatee, I don't think I look all that old either. Facts is facts, and I have to go with that. My daughter will be 21, and I will be one fat old man! Ain't life grand.

Of course I arrived home, and then got to get the kids over to piano lessons. I also went to the video store, and then shoveled our walks before I had to get back to pick up the kids. It was cold outside. Of course it is that very reason that we keep on having to get out there and clean up that ice that is coming down our rain spout. It warms up just enough to get some water to freeze where we want to walk. It's a real pain. I guess I'll have to redo the heater I have up there and get a longer one that I can put down the drainpipe all the way so we can get it all out at once. That will be a summer project for me, I'm sure.

Young Men was tonight, and I went there and we discussed a couple of merit badges for the deacons. It is a bit discouraging to see that these boys aren't doing what they need to be doing. That seems to be the way with the kids at times.

Once again at home, I got onto the computer to create a birthday card for my daughter. I will mail out her card tomorrow morning and it should get to her either just before her birthday or on it. I'll have to find out when she gets it. The computer acted up a bit when my son put in a flash drive onto my computer. I looked in the task list and my CPU was at 100% with some spools taking up most of the memory. I wasn't able to shut down because I couldn't save anything so had to wait a whole long time. I cleared up what I could and finally got the card to print (when it printed I screwed up and printed the second time upside down). At least I was able to save the project and reboot the computer. Things went better after that. My wife was a bit frustrated with me because I kinda lost my temper at my son when it really wasn't his fault. I keep on forgetting how tender hearted he is at times. I apologized to him, and hope he is all right with my insensitivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home