Monday, November 06, 2006

O Christmas Tree

At work today, I was able to finish up the weekend stuff that I had worked so hard on. It was finally finished today at around 3:00 PM. It was a pain, but it is one that I am grateful to be done with.

When I arrived home, I saw that my wife had pulled out our Christmas tree. She was trying to see if it was still good enough to use this year (that's why she pulled it out early). While she and my daughter were putting it together, I went out to finish up some work on heated lines on my house to keep the ice melted near our front porch area. I had to staple the things to the shingles since they were sliding out. I also made sure that it went down the drain pipe rather than just being in a clump right there. That was the biggest pain.

When I got in, my wife was swearing at the Christmas Tree lights and she was wondering why she doesn't like Christmas anymore. She was also upset because it is hard for me to help because of my asthma. I didn't know what to do, and, there really wasn't anything for me to do. Finally, it got to the point where some lights went out while she was stringing them through the tree, plus all the faults of the tree. We headed out around 8:15 tonight to go looking for Christmas trees. We found one that we liked at Target, but went to look at Shopko, Home Depot, and Smiths Market Place. We went back to Target and picked up the tree.

My wife started to take down the one tree, and I started to put up the pre-lit tree. There were some things that we didn't remember seeing in the one on the floor at Target, but that was probably because we really didn't look that hard at it. Anyway, it looks like it will be all right, even though there was one problem with it. The top part of the tree didn't light up. I looked into the lights for about 15 minutes before finding that one of the wires wasn't inside of the light. I put it in place and taped it up for now, because I really don't want to string these lights up. I just hope that works.

My wife will work on the tree tomorrow as it is getting pretty late tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You start putting up your Christmas tree on November 6?!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Craig's Blog said...

Not usually. My wife usually waits until the week of Thanksgiving. This year she jumped the gun because she was wondering if our artificial tree would be good enough or not. As it ended up, it wasn't, so she feels justified in getting the tree up early.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home