Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sick Time and such

Well, not too much has been going on this week. I have kept myself somewhat busy, but not too.

Tuesday evening I was with the Scouts while they were working on their Citizenship in the Nation merit badge. Brother Goodner taught them and was quite entertaining. It wasn't too bad for the boring merit badge. Some of the boys went out with the Scoutmaster to go over some of their Eagle stuff to get that all taken care of. To end, we went into the gym where the older boys were playing a game of dodge ball-tag or something. There were two balls and when you got hit you went to the floor where you were and then you could try to catch a ball to get somebody else out to take your place. You could also tag them and exchange places with them. This goes on until all but one are down. It was a pretty fun game.

Not much happened Wednesday or Thursday out of the ordinary. Friday, I got home and my wife and I went out to get new luggage. We got a bit more expensive set, but it looked like it would hold up better than some of the other types. We'll soon see. We were also able to go out and get a bite to eat. Our daughter was baby-sitting, and our son was left home to his own devices. I think he enjoys being home alone. I was starting to feel the effects of a cold on Friday night, but didn't think it would be bad.

My wife and I started to watch a movie, and soon my nose started a bleed. This has happened periodically, and it is hard to stop since I am on Plavix (a blood thinner). It kept on going and going and going and going ... Well you get the idea. My wife decided to stay out on the couch rather than come to bed with me because I was about to have a miserable night. It just continued on. Around 4:00 in the morning, I took some loratadine and that seemed to help a little bit, but didn't completely stop it. I got up after getting no sleep and waited till about 9:00 AM and then headed to a place that has doctors on a Saturday. That was very little help. He said that with a cold and Plavix this sometimes happens. He could cauterize it, but that likely wouldn't help with the way he does it. He said the ER's have different equipment and can do it a different way, but that it was no slowing down. I got a prescription for an anti-biotic and went home around noon. My nose just kept on going and going. Nothing I could do about it. Finally, Saturday evening, I took a Benedryl generic and that seemed to help stop some stuff, although I slept through it because of the drug. I woke up Sunday morning with an alarm and was glad that it was over. I still wasn't feeling very well though and stayed home from church.

Other than that it was kind of a regular Sunday. I pulled the kids out into the family room for a few minutes and we went over the 1st chapter of the Book of Abraham in the Pearl of Great Price. We will be reading that for a couple of weeks till we get through the five chapters. We don't want to simply read it, but want to understand it as best we can.

Tonight, my throat is barely sore and I am feeling a lot better. I will be able to go into work tomorrow.

Oh, and how can I forget. It snowed over night. It was a slushy heavy snow even though it was only a couple of inches. I think since I hadn't eaten all night and into the morning, plus being out of shape, I couldn't help my son much. I got winded too fast. I am grateful that our son is helping out with this. I don't know what I would do without him. We did get the opportunity to go out again later and shovel again. It was still heavy, but not as heavy as the first one, but I was able to stay out with him. I was a bit winded by the end though. Later still, I went for a walk with my wife. The boots I have felt kind of heavy on my feet. I am out of shape and need to start to work on that.

Looking forward to a good nights sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home