Monday, December 07, 2009

Dads Birthday

Not only is today the day we remember Pearl Harbor, but it is my dads birthday. I know, it's not a disaster like Pearl Harbor is, but it is an easy way to remember his birthday.

I really didn't know what to get my father for his birthday. My wife didn't like me getting the same old stuff that we always get. I finally decided that a John Wayne DVD might be in order. I was able to get one with a whole bunch of westerns on it, and another set of DVD's stuck out as something funny to get him. I can't remember the exact title but it was a western about old timers riding again. My dad did get the joke, so that was a good thing.

When I got home, I found that our son had gone outside and shoveled the walks. I was grateful for this. I brought home some pizza, so we ate that and tried to get our daughter to do her homework which just got put off. We finally left to go to my fathers house dropping our dog off at the in-laws home. There was the regular banter at my fathers house with my family, and then we had to leave. It was a bit early, but our daughter had to finish her homework. She wasn't happy that we were leaving so early, but there was nothing we could do about that. We did find out that Derek is engaged to get married and is planning on the date of April 14th (which is my parents 60th wedding anniversary).

We got home and I did what I could to help our daughter get her homework done. I think we got her enough information to get it done. It is snowing tonight, and I am sure there will be more shoveling tomorrow. Well, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home