Monday, November 12, 2007

It's in Production!

While there are still a couple of kinks to work out, at least we finally got this RiskMaster project in production. There were some frustrating moments through the whole thing though. Everything was quiet on Friday. I had gone into work just in case there were issues, but thankfully, there were not.

Saturday, I got up and took care of a few things around the house. We had decided that we would go out to a dog park with my sister-in-law, Zach, and the in-laws. Before we went, I decided to check on my emails to see if any problems had come up. Doug was supposed to have everything converted by Sunday, so we were kind of waiting for that. I was surprised to find that he was done. I called Paul to make sure that was what it meant. I was told that it was true. Well, it was irritating to have it done early because had we known that, we could've done things a lot more smoothly by waiting to start on Friday evening rather than when we started on Thursday evening.

I chose to run the things that I needed to run from what he had done. In doing so, I found that he had not corrected a few issues on their side. I had to break things apart a bit so I could run some fixes in order to get the processes through. Of course, the real fix would have to come later. I got most of the stuff fixed before we had to head out to be with family. I took care of one last piece after arriving home.

The dog park was kind of fun. There are a bunch of trails up there, and there was an area that had bike jumps and other things. This is all around a river that goes through the place, and in some places they have dammed it up so there could be some swimming holes in there. It was kind of a hike for my in-laws who are not in the best of health, but we all made it there and back safely. We went to dinner at the Olive Garden afterwards without Zach who needed to get back to his dorm room at the U.

Sunday morning, I checked on a few more jobs that had run over the evening to make sure things were still working out pretty well. They seemed to be OK. My wife and I then went to the church for Ward Correlation meeting. They wanted to know about the Christmas party. We got a couple of more ideas as well as a few hints on how to find some of the things we are looking for. Overall, it was good, but my wife and I are glad we don't have this extra meeting on a regular basis. Of course, we went to our regular church meetings, and then had to stay after so our daughter could be set apart as the Beehive president. We also had to take our son back to church so he could be interviewed to be a priest. It has taken this long just to get to that point. He probably won't be at church next Sunday to be sustained so that will come in a couple more weeks and then we'll have to have him ordained.

Today was a stressful day at the office for me. There were the kinks I was talking about. Gary hadn't looked at test very well when we had it there or he would've come up with some of the problems that we had. They aren't big problems. One of the problems that I worked on all day was that the pennies hadn't come across. I had to modify the code quite a bit to get them since I have to take them in an Alpha format to put back into a Decimal format on our side. The command to do this was kind of awful, but once I got it figured out, there wasn't a problem. I will finish running this fix tomorrow morning first thing. The other problem that I don't know what to do with is a program that worked in Test just wasn't working in production. I also couldn't get it to work in Test. I am going to have to work on that tomorrow. It is dealing with the cleared checks.

I got home late from work, and I guess I looked tired because my wife commented that I would probably end up going to bed early tonight. Truer words have never been spoken. I'm going to go to bed now (It's only 10:00).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home