Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just Stuff

When I went into work on Friday morning, I found that things seemed to go all right for all the conversion stuff. I mostly had to be there to see if there was anything else I may need to do in order to help people along. From our end, everything went smooth. Hopefully that will happen on the other end as well. We will find out when we come in on Monday morning.

Friday evening our daughter went to a birthday party and was there a lot later than we are used to letting her stay out. We know the people whose house she was at though, so it wasn't too hard a decision to let her stay there. She did have fun. My wife, my son, and I sat down and watched "Evan Almighty". I actually enjoyed that show and it is one that you can watch with your family pretty well. Unfortunately, it would be watched two more times before today was over.

Saturday morning we got our son off to school for another Marching Band competition. Of course, the weather was foul as has been the case, and we had to just let it go. I spent a lot of the day playing around on my home PC and unfortunately got rid of the driver for the Ethernet to be plugged into. I had to do some searching around online in order to find the driver, but was able to get it back. I'm glad I got it back, it was a little bit scary for me to think if we ever use the ethernet again on it that I wouldn't have the internet work. I also helped my daughter out with some of her homework where she was writing a Microsoft projects file. It seems to be ready for her to use now, and I put it on a CD for her to take to school.

Late, on Saturday (around 11:30) my wife and I saw a huge flash outside and then a big boom. The next thing you know, here comes our daughter out of her room crying and then our son. Our daughter has always been afraid of thunder and lightning. We ended up with the kids staying with us for the night. This was also the start of a snow storm that would actually lay down about an inch of snow.

We didn't go to church this morning. We had stake conference and were supposed to go to the Conference Center for that. We really should be more faithful in getting to things like this, but it is one of my personal weaknesses. We did have to spend a part of the day getting ready for a dinner. It's no excuse for missing Sunday services, but it is what we did.

Pam and Anne came over to our home around 3:00 today for dinner. We had a nice dinner with them and then watched "Evan Almighty" (Annes choice). After that, we just visited and enjoyed each others company. I did go into the Den with Anne and helped her download some songs onto her cell phone from the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home