Thursday, September 27, 2007

Problems at Work

Nothing much happened yesterday, but today was kind of a pain in the rear. Today started out OK, and went well for a good portion of the day. We had a meeting with Doug (in Portland) about this conversion we are trying to accomplish. He said that he would have things ready for us in just a little bit. When it was around 3:15 today, I gave him a call to see where he was. Just as I called him, we got an email saying that he was done with his part and that I could do my part.

I started up my process and then it ran too fast, and when I looked at it, I found that there were some problems with getting through at all. Doug also emailed me letting me know that things didn't look good on his end. I ended up staying at work for an hour overtime in order to find why passwords were wrong. The problem is, we have too many connectors going all over the place to be able to see where the real problem lies. We did finally find it, and corrected it. I started up the process again and left.

Now, it was rush hour traffic (this is why I try to leave work at 4:00 everyday). I got home, and immediately had to leave to pick up our son from school. We grabbed some Subway Sandwiches on the way home.

I figured everything was probably working, and my daughter was on the computer so I didn't look at the process immediately. Finally, around 7:00 I decided I had better look. Part of the job had crashed and Doug had emailed again telling us that it was looking bad. Things weren't loaded right. I ended up on the phone with Paul as to what to do about this one. After a few tries, we decided to restrict what was happening to a few rows being added to the database in Oregon. That worked great. So, I did a little bit more and then one a little more. Finally, I did the rest, which was the major part of the load. I am up watching the process, but it is going quite slow. I think I will go to bed and finish it out tomorrow. What I did, shouldn't have fixed the problem, so we are going to have to look into it and see what it is that happened.

Part of the reason I have had to work so hard on this tonight is that it has to be done by tomorrow and I don't have tomorrow to work on it because we have a retreat at Boondocks tomorrow. I guess I'll have to finish this up in the morning. I am tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home