Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Parent Teacher Conference - Again

Work was quite busy (again) for me. I had to run some policy stuff through the test system, but didn't change everything the way I should have. It made it so I had to run it through twice, and since the test system is cranked down in memory it ran an extra long time. I also had to look and see why one of the jobs didn't work. I finally realized that it was looking at a piece of data that is in the process of change (thus it is in test one way and in prod another). At least I got through that. There were also a couple of problems that came to my attention and something was locking me out of the data so I couldn't fix it. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix it tomorrow.

I left work a little bit early today. I got home in time to get my daughter over to Parent Teacher conferences. She is doing well in all of her classes, so there wasn't a lot of reason to be there. I did decide that I don't much care for her math teacher. My daughter tells us that he is 68. She told us this after my wife said that they must have dragged him out of retirement. I told her that I thought it looked more like they had dragged him out of the grave. My wife didn't like my comment there. The last teacher that we talked too took forever to get too. Then we weren't with him that long. It's too bad that those who are with them for a long time can't let those go through who will not be there very long.

We immediately took our daughter to her piano lessons. We just barely made it on time to that place. We then decided to go to the Lems house since they had told us to come over and see what they were doing to it in a couple of months on July 4th. They had the same model of house we had when we were living in West Jordan. They have expanded it out and made a nice living room out of the new expansion. They also added that to the basement. They have done a really nice job on it and it will be a nice home for them.

We hurried home and had just a couple of minutes and then I had to go pick up our son and my wife picked up our daughter. We got home and had a dinner of pancakes, bacon and eggs. I then went to the video store as well as the grocery store for a couple of items. When it was getting late at night our son let us know that he needed two things for tomorrow to be washed. Of course one was white and the other was black so we couldn't wash them in the same load. Well, that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home