Thursday, October 18, 2007

IPODS and Football Games

It's been a busy week at the office. I was stuck preparing some things for our conversion that we will be running in parallel with RiskMaster. It's just been a lot of busy work, but stuff that has to be done. Well, add on to that, that I am still developing parts of it. They must trust my work pretty well because though I haven't been all the way there, they know it will get there in time for what needs to be there.

My son had another cold competition in Davis County on Tuesday evening. Because of the rain and the cold they were able to come home from that competition early. This was good for us as well as our son. We really haven't done much for the past couple of days as a family.

This morning, at work, I went in and hoped to be able to start up some processes so we wouldn't be strapped doing them at the last minute for the RiskMaster conversion. Unfortunately, we are dependent upon other people for this and they weren't ready. I did some odds and ends until around 9:00 when I had a User Group meeting that I needed to go too. It was an OK user group meeting, and I learned a bit from it, but I would've been better off at work. The one good part is that they had a drawing at the end, and the grand prize was an IPOD shuffle (1 Gig). Well, I won that. In some ways that was good and in others, I'm not so sure.

I went back to work from there and took care of a few more things. We had to make sure everything was ready for tonight. RiskMaster continued to have problems, and finally at 3:45 they let me know that I was OK to run some policy information into their system. I was hoping I would be able to run it and watch it while I was at work, but it is a three to four hour process. I leave work, generally, around 4:00. Anyway, I started it up and headed home.

Once home, I turned on my computers (I wanted to charge up the IPOD too) and then logged into work. I knew I wouldn't be able to see the end of it in the short time I had at home, but I could at least see if anything broke before I went to the football game.

My wife and I had a bit of a tiff with some communication problems (that is my biggest problem with her). I had a headache because I hadn't eaten all day, and wasn't feeling the best, but still had things to do. I did the best I could and then my daughter and I headed to Bingham for the football game. We had to get there early so we could walk in with the Marching Band (that gets us in free). The game was kind of boring with Bingham winning it 55-14. Copperhills just wasn't a challenge for them at all. Because of all the scoring we kept on hearing the Bingham fight song.

At half time (since I got in free), I got to go down and help set up ladders and such for the Marching Band halftime show. At one point they were going to have me drive the four wheeler, but the guy that does that showed up. The halftime show went down quite well and then we had to move everything back. That wasn't a problem.

My daughter went over to the vending area and ran into a bunch of her friends. That made it so I wouldn't see her for a bit. We kept in communication via cell phones. Near the end of the fourth quarter, I had to help with the chimes, gongs, and drums to get them in place for an end of game show.

All went well, but I did find out that when you go to these football games with Bingham High, you have to stand the whole time if you want to see the game. None of the kids sit in the stadium seating. I guess that's why they are called stands!

After arriving home, I went in to check the jobs that I had left running. All seemed to go well, and I was left up to my own devices to see if I could figure out the Ipod. I hate the way you have to go through Itunes in order to get things to it, and it doesn't look like I can use any other computer in order to put anything on it. It will probably be something my wife or I can use when exercising, so I'll need to get some exercise type of music onto it. I just need to play around with it and figure out the best way to handle it. Anyway, I'm up late, so I just need to get myself to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home