Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day fiasco

I had Friday off with my wife. We went to a nice lunch together and then did a little bit of shopping at JC Penney. We probably spent too much, but it was stuff that we needed. We were looking to see what to get for our parents, although we didn't really come up with a good answer at that time.

Saturday, we worked on getting the kids to clean up the house. They would do more with us out of the house, so we went shopping for our mothers again. We got a plate holder and plates for my wifes mother, and chocolates for my mother. When we got home we found the kids had cleaned most of the house, although there was still more they could do. At least they did all of that.

Around 4:30 we went over to my Mother-in-laws house so we could have a mothers day dinner since Pam and Anne wouldn't be able to make it on Sunday. Anne made the dinner, and boy was it good. I filled up on it pretty well. We were able to visit with Chantelle for a little while and meet her 9 month old baby. It was a good visit.

Sunday morning came. I got up in time to get the kids up to make their mom some breakfast. It was really simple. We got bagels with Sausage and eggs that were premade and you just had to pop it in the microwave for a minute or so. We also got some mini Cinnabons. My wife enjoyed this breakfast.

While my wife was getting ready to go to church my kids were talking about going to grandmas ward because it was earlier than our own, and ours was just too late. There was no way my wife was going to make it to that. There were a few comments and then my wife was quite angry. She finally told me to take them to another ward (that was early) and then to come on home. I did this, and felt kind of silly being in a mothers day meeting without having my wife there. We left a couple of minutes early as they were passing out the mothers day gifts.

Arriving home, I found my wife with a major headache. She was trying to get it under control. I'm sure that this was part of the cause of her getting upset. Of course the kids aren't easy when they get their minds made up for one thing or another.

Time passed, and my wifes headache wasn't getting any better. She told me that I had better just take the kids over to her moms house and then my moms. We spent a few hours at each of these homes. Of course everybody was asking where my wife was. I hated that. I hated that she couldn't come with us in the first place. I did understand that she wasn't feeling well. We got back home pretty late.

Today work got a bit busy for me. I was given a task to do and it took awhile to get it all figured out. I did get it all accomplished and felt good about it.

At home, I saw that my wife was cooking up a Roast in the crockpot, and I went out because I needed to move a sprinkler for a fence that will be going in on our property when we go to Vegas this coming Sunday. I also had to find where the pipes were for the water so they won't hit them when digging for the posts. I just hope they don't mess up while we're gone. I was hot and sweaty, but then that happens when you get a fat old man out there doing physical work.

I watched the move "The Ron Clarke Story" tonight. It went quite late. I did enjoy it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home