Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Callings

First of all, I am going back to Tuesday evening. After I got home from work, my wife came in and told me that I needed to get into my daughters room and start straightening it out a little bit because she would have the young women (beehives) coming over and going in there. I, being the dutiful husband, went in to the disaster area to see what could be done. My wife had some hair to be doing and didn't come in to help me. She did tell me that my daughter also had quite a bit of homework so was a bit stressed about it all. I didn't clean that much, when my daughter came in with Melina (her best friend across the street) and told me that I could leave now, and she would take care of it. She did get it all cleaned, but heaven help them if they open her closet doors.

After our kids left for Young Men/Young Women, my wife and I sat down to watch some TV. When the beehives didn't show for quite awhile my wife was worried that she had said too much to the leader so they may not come over to our house and then our daughter would be upset. They did finally come, and we were glad for that. April Morden mentioned that she would like to sneak around our house to look at it as she hasn't really ever had that chance. My daughter did get to show them a blanket that she has sewn, and told them about her knitting and other craft type of things that she does. It was good for her. My son played basketball and went around to get some of the non-members to come over to the church to play basketball with them.

Tonight, my wife and I had to get to the bishops office for a calling. I thought my wife was the one getting the calling, but it was really both of us. Bishop Sanford called us in and we had a brief chat and then he told us that we were being called to be the Activity Committee chairpersons. He will be giving us some names of people that we can call upon to help us out in our endeavor. The concern my wife has is that she has fibromyalgia, and get tired at times. She tends to go in waves with that. She is also concerned that I may not help out in the way I should. She is hoping that she is wrong (and I'm going to do everything in my power to prove her so) and that this will work out. She also kind of wanted a calling for her rather than for us.

Anyway, I guess we'll have to see what happens from here. We are to go to Ward Correlation meeting Sunday morning (even though we haven't been sustained yet) and at least let the people know who we are. I guess each organization is an organization that we can call on for help as we make these plans. It really looks like there are only two real activities. One in the Summer and one around Christmas time. It shouldn't be too difficult of a challenge, other than coming up with the ideas of what to do for the activities.

One thing we were told is that our names had been left out there for any organization to pick from, but they said that they were glad that nobody had taken us because this is something that they felt would be good for us. I sincerely hope they are right.

When we came home, the kids asked us what it was we were doing, and when we told them, my daughter just laughed at us saying "eh huh". Well, I just thought I had better right about it now. I'll have to look online and see if there are any helps out there for this kind of calling. We probably also need to get the adult dinners going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home