Friday, April 06, 2007

Painters

On Thursday, I went to work as normal. My kids had the day off of school because of spring break. This made it so I wouldn't have to go home early from work to be able to be there while the painter was there. My wife called me and told me that he took a look at the house and decided that he would have to roll the whole thing. This was better news than we thought we would get. We were afraid that our house would be splotchy because there were so many nail pops in the sheetrock and it is hard to match old paint to new paint. By the time I arrived home, the painter had left, but had rolled the family room, my sons room and my daughters room. My wife, of course had to clear the walls of pictures and other things for him to do this, so the house was kind of in shambles. My kids were complaining because they had to get up early on their day off.

My kids complained even more about today. They had to get up in time for the painter to be here by 7:00 AM. I took the day off because my wife had been dealing with all of this on a day by day basis and is getting sick and tired of it. We had to move a few things for the day of painting. The painter did arrive at the time he said he would. He painted the two hall ways, the stairs, the master bedroom and the den in full (that is, he rolled all the way to the ceiling and down to the floor boards). There wasn't any detail work that he had to do. He also touched up two bathrooms, and the laundry room. The kitchen he did a few sections in. We felt that he did a wonderful job and were very happy with this.

My in-laws came over to our house around 10:00 AM. They had to take in the dog to get it clipped and teeth cleaned. They were also going to take our son and daughter home with them when they left. My whole family went out to brunch with them around 11:00 with me staying home because the painter was there. My wife wasn't too pleased with the actions of her mother. We had already discussed that the kids would be home with us on Easter morning, but she tried to make my kids feel guilty because she had bought lots of Easter stuff for them. She was trying to get them to go against us so they could stay on Easter Sunday over at her house (that is from Saturday evening). Grandma Wach even made my daughter feel bad because she told her that originally she wasn't even supposed to be going over to their house. That's a terrible thing to throw at a 13 year old girl.

Well, they all came back home and stayed for a bit and then left. It was just my wife and I left at home. The painter finished painting, and got out as well. My wife and I took a nap, and really didn't do anything for the rest of today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home