Monday, April 23, 2007

Baseball game

Last Friday at work, I was once again offered some tickets for a Bees game. It was in the suite. I picked up four tickets for that.

Saturday, I was going to go out and mow the lawn, but my wife reminded me that I couldn't yet because we had been waiting for nature to water in the fertilizer that my son had put down a few days previous. So, I watered the lawn instead. I also talked to my two neighbors about getting a fence up between us (isn't that the way life is, somebody moves in and we immediately build fences). I called out to the company (Vinyl Industries) to have my salesman call me up so we can get this thing started. He did finally call, and it looks like we are four weeks out instead of the two he had told us about previously. This is a little maddening because my wife and I will probably be out of town when they do it.

We took a nice walk around the neighborhood and talked to a couple of people and then headed out for the Bees game. We were the first to arrive at the suite. The food they had there was good as usual, and we all ate. Of course we had to share with the others that came. My kids didn't fight while they were there, and we had an all around good time. Talking with the others that were in the suite was also nice.

Sunday, Dee Anne was feeling tired and worn out. She wouldn't be able to make it to church. I talked with Brother Bean about getting us a budget. I was informed that the ward doesn't have its budget yet from the church. So, we are going to have to try and plan somewhat blind. I also asked if we could get Lori Frandsen to be a committee member. I was told that she may be able to do that, but did have another minor calling that she would be called to today. That calling was Gospel Doctrine instructor. The Mays were also called to help us out on the committee. We need to hurry up and get a few ideas for a summer party. I just don't quite know what to do there.

Aubree called me back on Sunday and made me a bit nervous. She started telling me of a guy that she is dating. She has only been dating him for two weeks, and I thought she was going to tell me about an upcoming marriage. She didn't do that, and laughed when I told her what I was thinking. She said that she would not be married before she was 25 (she is 21 now). He is not LDS, and I am concerned that the church doesn't mean as much to her as I think it ought to mean. That night, I was put into a bit of a depression on me not being a very good father to her. My wife comforted me as best she could. I know that it has been a long distance relationship for practically my whole daughters life, but I still wondered what I could've done better. Deep down, I know there isn't a lot that I could've done, but then there are still those doubts. I was in tears just before going to sleep. Thank God my wife held me in this time of turmoil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home