Thursday, April 19, 2007

Marriage Counseling

I was given some extra things to do at work. They wanted to know if we wanted to be a part of a test this weekend with our data warehouse. They had not really given us ample time to see what would be needed. In the long run, we decided that we could do everything that was needed, but it is not documented amply in case two of us are disabled. So, I will not be doing the test this weekend, but need to have documentation ready for the next test of this sort that will happen in October. The documentation shouldn't be too difficult, but it is something that I dislike doing.

Soon after arriving home tonight, my wife and I took off to go see a marriage counselor. His name is Bill, and we both like him. In the drive over there, my wife told me of her nervousness to see him, and I kind of felt the same way, although I think my wife had more concerns about it than I did.

This is something that we were able to go to free of charge to us because of my employment. It is one of the benefits. We sat with Bill for an hour and discussed some of the issues that have been going on in our marriage. Overall, I think the session went well. He gave me some homework to answer some questions from my wife. I kind of knew what they were too, but when I got home, I wanted to know if I had it correct so asked my wife. She said that she wasn't sure what questions it was that I was supposed to answer in a couple of weeks. The other homework he gave us was to go out together for at least an hour in the week and don't talk about family, finances, religion or any of that type of stuff. He feels that it is an hour that we should simply notice the stars or the flowers while holding hands.

We set up another appointment with him for two weeks (but on Saturday).

On the way home, we decided to go and see the area that a coworker of mine has moved too (he is actually in the process of moving in). We got there, and I thought it was a terrible place to be. It looked to me like an awful location. In talking with another coworker, he was told that they really don't like this home, but it is convenient. The only convenience I see is that he could walk to work from there. Oh well, to each his own.

We arrived home and I started to change my clothes so I could fertilize my lawn. For some reason, my son wanted to do that. I let him go out and do that after telling him what needed to be done. This saved me from having to do it.

We left the kids at home again to go to Sister Lambournes house to see what she had for the activities committee. She told us that the previous ward did four events each year (we were only told of two). There is usually one in about March, and then the ward camp-out in June or July. The other two are one that is down around September and of course the other in about December. This concerned my wife quite a bit because it was more than we were originally told about. Well, we need to call in and get the stake center for a Christmas thing anyway. We also have to figure out an activity or two to get this ward up and off the ground. She did have some great ideas and told us that she would help us anywhere we needed her too because she loves doing this stuff.

We got home from that, and talked a bit about what we had learned, and where we need to go with this calling. It is scary to my wife, but we need to figure this thing out as soon as we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home