Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Birthday

Going back to Monday, it was my wifes birthday. I was hoping that I could call into a local bakery and have a cake by the evening as I did not plan that out well enough. The bakery opened at 7:00 AM and I was on the phone immediately. They said they could have it out as fast as noon. That surprised me pleasantly. I told them I would pick it up after 4:00.

Work was finally done. I left a few minutes early and had to get to BestBuy so that I could get a few more dollars off of the camera I had bought for my daughters birthday (which was last week). Ten bucks is ten bucks I guess.

I headed to Schmidts bakery and got the cake. It was a white cake with strawberry filling, and was a wonderful cake. My wife was sure she would have to go get this cake later. I had asked her questions which lead her to believe that I didn't know what she had asked for. When I arrived home with it, she told me that it was exactly what she had been craving.

My wifes mother had taken her out for lunch and the kids decided with my wife that we should go to Chilis. I thought we wouldn't be going and had started to trim the edges of our lawn. I only finished the front yard and was called in to go. We had a great dinner and came on home. My wife then opened her only gift from me (which was body lotions) as she had already gotten some clothes for her birthday. There was also a card that my parents dropped off at work.

That card that my parents dropped off was kind of funny. My mom always plans for birthdays and always mails things out so they will be at your home by your birthday. I received a call from my mom saying that with the wedding of my nephew and other things she had forgotten. Would it be all right if dad dropped of the card at work. Of course I told her yes. Dad made a point to tell me that mom had been the one to forget to mail the card as he had made it up in time to get it mailed out. Dad also showed me a memorial he has written to go into the paper on the anniversary of my brothers death. He was dropping that off at the newspaper offices right after he left me.

Well, that's about it for my wifes birthday.

Tuesday was one of those days that I became frustrated. I drove the SUV so I could get it inspected and an IM test for it in order to pay my taxes. I took the SUV up to Big-O tires to get this done. While there I had a single mother talking to me for most of the time. Her father was also by her and talking a little bit. He was helping her out financially and I heard one story about her insurance on her car about six or seven times from him. He can be excused of that as he is 87 years old.

Anyway, I finally went out to see what was taking so long with the car. It was having the IM test done on it, but they could not even get to the computer on the car. It failed in four areas when they were trying to do that. I was told that this happens when the computer has been reset after having the 'check engine' light come on, or a battery failure. None of that had happened, so it had me concerned. They told me that it would reset if I drove the car about 50 miles and then brought it back in.

Well, I went back to work although my mind was on the car and my time at work was almost worthless. I called a few places to see what they would say about this, and none of the places that I called had ever heard of a car that would have this happen to it. I didn't know what I would do at that point in time.

I decided to talk to my boss who has a friend that is a manager at Larry H. Millers Honda service department. He tried to get hold of him but he wasn't available. I headed home a little bit stressed about this. I did stop into a place to get a rock chip taken care of that was in the windshield.

When I arrived home, my wife was coloring Toni's hair. I talked a little bit about this with both of them, and then we got into some other things. For one thing, I had heard that Chad Merica (one of the guys that had to go to court with my brother-in-law) had gotten an extra thirty years for not showing up for prison. I later checked it out in some online papers and found that he only had 14 months added on for contempt of court of which eight months would be served concurrently giving him six extra months posted onto the end of his prison sentence.

Anyway, my wife felt like I over-talked her and this has been a complaint of her about me for quite some time. I keep on trying not to do this, but I can get up there with the best of them.

The kids had Young Men/Young Women, so they were sent on their way and my wife and I sat home and watched American Idol and House.

Today came along and once again, there is work. Work did have an Employee Appreciation Luncheon that was steak, baked potato, corn and a cookie. It was a pretty nice lunch. After all of that, I went and talked to Brad about calling his friend at Larry H. Miller, and we got him. I told him that I would be able to be there after 4:00 and he would have the SUV looked over. This only took them about ten minutes and I had the IM test done. So, it turns out that I stressed over nothing at all. I did go into the DMV to take care of the taxes because I was supposed to have done that by the end of March. I'm only two months late. At least we didn't get pulled over for it.

Tonight, I had both of my kids outside with me mowing the forest (lawn) that we had neglected. We had a lot of grass that needed to be cut, and it was so high, our dog gets lost in it. That took up a good portion of the evening. Anyway, I'm tired now and ready for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home