Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Young Women in Excellence

Work is starting to get too political for me. This stuff I'm working on, I'm only working on because of these strange politics. Right now, in production, I have added everything that is needed, and still because they think they will have a separation of one company from the other, they want to go through this third party. In reality, there will still be no separation, only an appearance of such. Oh well, it all goes on.

It snowed last night. It didn't lay anything down really, but with the cold, the roads were icy and hard to travel. I come into work early enough that there weren't any problems for me to get there. When I arrived home, I started to shovel walks, until I had to take my kids to their piano lessons, and then came home and finished shoveling those walks. I then went to pick the kids up, and then went with my wife to the church to help set up a few things for this Young Women in Excellence program. I finally got home and had just enough time to gobble down some food before running over to the church for the program.

I didn't have Scouts tonight because tomorrow night we are all going over to the Happy Factory for Justins Eagle project. I finally found out tonight where it is we are supposed to meet.

My son went to a merit badge class (even though he already has that merit badge) and I and my daughter met my wife for the program. They had a quick introduction into what they were doing and then had each of the girls tell about the coat of arms they had made for themselves as it pertains to the Young Women program. They were all in PJ's, as it was something about Arising (I can't remember it all that well). All the decorations that were there were my wife's decorations. Of course, they had the continental breakfast tonight along with this program. It turned out pretty well, and I thought my wife did a good summation of what happened tonight. It does a father and husband proud to hear his daughter and his wife with all this stuff.

When I arrived home, we found that there was a message from my mother-in-law wanting to talk to me. She went on and on. Brandon has received some papers form his ex-wife's lawyer that he must respond to within 20 days. Some of it is just the standard stuff, but she says that because she is taking on the upside down car loan ($18K) and her schooling in massage therapy (which is done in December sometime - $11K) that her husband has to take on all the responsibility of the taxes they owe as well as all the credit cards that they have, and then she has said that the house is worth $30K in equity which she deserves $21K of. She hasn't even taken into consideration the penalty if the house is refinanced before October. Also, on the daughter, they are supposed to come to agreement on religion as well as education, but if they can't come to an agreement, she always has the final say (sounds good for her, eh?). It also states that they have already equally split some of their goods, and that if there is anything she missed, she gets half of it (say what? - she has already taken everything). Maybe that's why she left him two forks, two spoons etc., she knew she would be getting one back (do I sound cynical?). Oh, and I forgot to mention, she states that the car her husband has is paid for (I guess she conveniently forgot who it is they were making payments to and stopped doing - their grandma - my mother-in-law). What a piece of work. Anyway, I still had to run to the video store so the DVD's I had would not be late. I told her that I had to run some errands to get off the phone (the conversation I had was just over an hour).

Well, that about does it for today. I probably shouldn't write when this kind of stuff is on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home