Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

We got up a little bit early this morning, but not real early. We had agreed to meet Pam over at the Wachs house so we could go up to Kimball Junction to the outlet stores. We met over there at 8:00 AM. I had filled up our SUV because I was sure that was what we would go up in. Steve was there, and all ready to go. We only had to wait a little while before Pam showed up with our kids. I thought it would be crowded there, but it really wasn't all that bad.

When my wife and I went there on our anniversary, I had seen a Levi jacket that I wanted with lining. It was $90, and they had told us that it would be marked down to $40. It's one that I wanted, and if we weren't with family, I wouldn't have gone to get it, but I really couldn't pass it up at that price. The cheapest I have seen it for is $70. Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the purchase. My old Levi jacket has been wearing out for years. It had an old plaid lining that I don't think they do anymore.

As we did some more shopping, we found that Pam had gotten a 30% off coupon at Eddie Bauer. There was already 20% marked off on their leather jackets, so my wife and I each bought one. We got jackets that were marked at $199 for about $112 each. That will be our Christmas present to each other.

Steve was sick of shopping, so we decided it was now time for breakfast. We couldn't find a place that we really liked right in the area, so decided to go to Chicks over in Heber City. We filled up with a great breakfast.

Steve hadn't been up to the family cabin for quite some time, so we went for a drive up into Midway for that. We showed them where we had stayed for our anniversary, and then got to the cabin. We found a car at the cabin, and then out came Barbara, Jeffs girlfriend. She was a bit embarrassed, and was kind of crying. She was moving all of her stuff out of the cabin and into her car. Jeff wasn't there, as he was in Wendover. She also told us that she didn't have a key, but Jeff had left it open since he has been living there. We were under the impression that Jeff was living at Barbaras, mothers house. She told us that he had been living up at the cabin for awhile now, and he has spent a lot of time in Wendover since he isn't working. It was a bit uncomfortable there, and we left.

While we were driving, Steve got on the phone and called Jeff. He used some language that we had to tell him to tone down because we really didn't want our kids to hear that. At least he stopped using the 'F' word. There was all other kind of language though, and he was asking Jeff if he was only drunk, or if he was also on any drugs. Jeff had a lot of the excuses, that really don't amount to much. Steve told Jeff he needed to come home so they could talk. We had to call back to make sure he would sober up first. We drove to Park City, and then decided that we had better go back to the cabin to make sure it was all locked up. It was. It was also cleaned up a bit from when Barbara was taking her stuff out. That made us feel better about it. Jeff didn't want any of this information to be told to his parents (using the excuse of the mental attitude of his mother).

We finally arrived back at my in-laws home. The next part of the soap opera happened there. Brandon called over after he had arrived home from work. He talked to Margaret, and she came and got me. His wife had come into the house, and taken almost everything in the house. She left him a bed, a TV, his computer, an old couch and X-Box and that's about it. She took all the kitchen furniture, all the family room furniture, the washer and dryer, and all the pictures from off the walls. This doesn't make a lot of sense because she is living at her moms house at the moment. She doesn't really even have anywhere to store all the stuff. When I talked to Brandon he was crying. I got him to calm down a little bit and told him that it is only stuff. I asked if it was all paid for, and he informed me that it was, but he had worked his ass off for it. I told him that I understood that, but it is only stuff. Don't worry about it. I told him not to just figure it is lost either, and to list absolutely everything that she took so he can turn it over to a lawyer. I talked with him for awhile about things he needs to do, and that he needs to be ready for some kind of fight (whether he wants it or not, it seems it is going to happen). He is also concerned about their little daughter (under one year of age) who is at his mother-in-laws house, who is a heavy smoker. I also told him I would find out what I could about who to talk to next. The poor kid is broke already, and this is going to put him in even greater financial difficulties.

Well, my kids wanted to stay over at grandma's house tonight, so my wife and I left, and will have to find a way to get the kids tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home