Sunday, September 24, 2006

Asthma

Time keeps on moving, and I don't get around to writing here. That's OK, that way you don't have to read all the small things that happen.

Wednesday evening, I got a call from Lance telling me (last minute) that he would not be at Young Men tonight. Thank goodness, Mike had a lesson prepared dealing with the Duty to God things. I stayed after that for awhile and talked to Mike a little bit about the way that he had grown up. It's interesting to hear the family life that one can have that is so different from my own experience. It helps to see why people are the way that they are.

Thursday evening I was able to go out and get the lawn mowed. It was cool out, and just as I finished the rain started to come down. I was glad that I got it done just in time. In the meantime, the house next door had hired a man to come in and take care of their weeds (they had a notice on their door from the City of South Jordan). He wasn't too happy to be out in the rain, but he was a really nice guy and I talked with him for a little while. I felt bad for him being out there, but there was nothing I could do about it.

There was nothing much that happened Friday or Saturday. My daughter did come home early from school on Friday because she was feeling a bit sick after the shots that she had the day before. She continued with some of this on Saturday. We did go to a reception Saturday evening.

The reception was fun to go to. It was some of our friends from when we lived in Taylorsville. They held it in the Old Meeting House. Going through the line we talked with Wahlines (who were right in front of us). Then after meeting the Andersons (Rick and Joy) along with the Bride (Melissa) and her brother (Dustin) we went and talked with Bishop Paskett and his wife. They had to hurry home because they had their son dropping in, and were taking him to dinner. We got some refreshments and talked with the Wahlines again, along with the Christiansens. Then Chris Jones came in. We didn't recognize her at first. She had colored her hair. It went from grey to red. She looked quite good and had a new boyfriend. We found out that her son (Jantzen) is still in the hospital as a vegetable. Her ex-husband won't allow for him to be taken off of life support. He has been that way now for almost a whole year. We were told that the state of Utah is getting ready to come in and take him into their custody so he can be taken off of life support. It'll be interesting to see if that happens. I hope it isn't the same fiasco that Terry Schiavo went through. John (the ex) is so against everything Mormon that he won't allow for any of the bishopric to go in and see his son, and at one point he and his Baptist minister chased them off calling them the devil. One thing of interest is that Chris mentioned that she had seen my brother earlier that day as my brother came to her sons baptism. John had never allowed any of his kids to go to the Mormon church, so it must be really hard on him now that the two who are alive have joined the church. Justin is even living with him. I wonder how long that will last. I hope Chris has a good new life with this new gentleman she is seeing. Heaven knows that she deserves it after living with her tyrannical ex-husband.

We also visited with the Calls, who are now moving out of the neighborhood, and she mentioned that it was really good of the Andersons to host this party so we could all catch up with each other.

After all of this, we headed over to my in-laws house. My daughter was complaining about her headache, and just wanted to leave the reception, and we didn't want to go. We did have to get a dinner into us though. We hurried over there, and then went to Arbys' to get something to eat. Of course, my kids decided they wanted to stay at grandma's for the night and into Sunday. I ended up with a compromise. That is, that maybe they can stay with them over conference weekend instead (next Sunday) and my son could go to General Priesthood with his grandpa. That last part was said in jest because Grandpa isn't into all this church stuff and sometimes gets anti-mormon on us. He seems to be considering it though. I guess we'll have to see what we can work out there.

We got home that night and our dear daughter decided to stay up watching TV. This is the girl who was telling us she was going to throw up and she had a headache and so forth. So, since she was sick, I made her go to bed. I got some argument, but she finally went.

Today, being Sunday, we went to our meetings. Not too much went on afterwards. My kids played on the computer, until I kicked them off, and then went downstairs and wouldn't let us come down. They were putting together a thing where a marble would go through a couple of things and created their own pulley systems and such. We went down and looked at it finally, and though it didn't work quite the way they planned, it was interesting. After that, we started to play the game of Life. My asthma had been bothering me, but got uncontrollable at this point. I had to quit the game and call FirstMed (an urgent care facility). My wife took me there. I was to the point of getting a little scared that I wouldn't be able to breathe. Of course, by the time we got there my system had calmed down and it was no longer an emergency. I had a breathing treatment and came home. Well, I'm tired now, so I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home