Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Alarmed

I am up at an ungodly hour this morning. I had even gotten to bed at a decent hour (about 10:15). One of the problems with alarm systems in houses is that they go off. At about 1:15 this morning ours did. It said the problem was in our Master Bathroom. Of course, I looked there and there really wasn't a huge problem there. It looks like a brush fell into the bathtub and set off our glass breaker alarm in that room. Our monitoring station tried to give us a call, but the phone was tied up so they left a message, and told us that the police would be on the way. Our phone line still wasn't released though, so I could not get to the message. I called on our cell phone to the company and let them know that everything was OK, except for our phone line. They cancelled the police call, and then worked with me to get the system reset. For some reason, it didn't reset at first. It took a couple of tries.

I told my wife what I thought the problem was, but she wanted me to check out the house. I went out there, and thought, boy what will I do if a prowler is around. I would probably get the crap beat out of me. That didn't happen, thankfully, and I came into the house without finding anything else out. Since I now couldn't sleep, I turned on the TV wondering if there was a minor quake that happened which may have been how the brush fell into the tub. Nothing there. Anyway, here I am. I'm sleepless while knowing that I will feel it during the day today.

I might as well try to figure things out for the week. Last Thursday through Saturday my daughter as well as my son stayed at their grandparents house. My wife and I had time to spend together. We really didn't do too much though. Saturday we went through some gardens and also tried to visit one of the relatives that we told we would come out to see their house in Lehi. Their phone was busy all morning, so we assumed they would be home. We got some directions to the house and decided to attempt finding it. We did find it (without having the address) and they ended up not being home. That was too bad. After going to Thanksgiving point, and going through the gardens we went and picked up our kids to bring home for Sunday. They were disappointed that we didn't bring them their Sunday clothes, so they could stay at Grandmas house. That's OK, we'll be with them this coming weekend.

Not much happened on Sunday, but I did break the Sabbath, as my son let me know last minute that he needed a binder for school on Monday. That was frustrating, and the only reason I went was because all the good binders may be gone by the time I could get to it on Monday. As it was, we got the last one of its kind that was a decent three ring binder. I'm glad I went, but feel a little guilty for breaking the law of the Sabbath.

After my kids got home from school on Monday, we found out for sure that my daughter would have to get a flute to bring to class by Thursday. I called my cousin and got some ideas of what to do (she is a flute player and works in a music shop that she and her husband own). I found out that we had actually passed one of the music shops that they own when we were in Lehi.

We went to Summerhayes to see what they had. I'm glad we got there when we did because we had a pretty decent choice of flutes to choose from. We didn't have to rent the brand new one and were able to get a decent used one for $14 less per month. It still costs a bit. We then went to Wendys to have a late dinner.

Tuesday I got told at 9:59 that I needed to be in a meeting at 10:00. I went to it, and it was IBM presenting some things and it ended up being a sales pitch. What a waste of time that was. I bugged out of the meeting around 1:00 or so. It was still going. I was just glad to get away from it. This made me a bit tired from the meeting when I got home. Thus the reason I went to bed early. Well, I'm going back to bed now. I have to get up around 5:15 this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home