Monday, August 21, 2006

Furniture

OK, I know it was just yesterday that I wrote that nothing ever happens to me. That's probably still true, but I am going to write again today.

Work was the same old type of stuff. I got quite a bit accomplished towards getting Advantage (a company) in line to process their claims. It's all in test, and there is still work going on, but we are getting there.

My wife called me and told me to meet her at RC Willey. We promised my daughter that if she could keep her bedroom clean for a month that we would purchase a daybed (or a nice bed) for her room. She has kept her part of the bargain, and now it is our turn. Hopefully, the room won't turn into a big wreck again the way it was.

Anyway, I met my wife and kids at RC Willey. We looked at some daybeds as well as some other nice twin beds (my daughters room is quite small). Of course we also needed to look at dressers and everything else. We got my daughter confused on what it is that she wants. There were so many pretty things there to compare. My sons interest was, can I go to the electronics department (that's where he spent most of his time). We trimmed some choices down and then left the store.

We decided to go to Furniture Warehouse (the one on "Road Redwood") and see what they had. At first we didn't see anything that we liked (well as far as the bed goes). In the clearance section of the store we found a sofa table. It was marked down, and I thought it was a pretty good deal. It was set at $167. I haven't seen a decent sofa table at that price ever. It is black and has the rustic look that our house is decorated in. Two drawers are in it, and it also folds out. It also doesn't hurt that it was easy to put together after purchasing it. We had to make sure my daughter didn't feel slighted because we got something for us instead of for her. She's OK with it. We also found one more bed to look at. It was marked down because it was a special order that had been cancelled. I think we have pretty well ruled that one out.

My wife wants to look at one other place and see what beds and dressers will be there, but right now, it is looking like a daybed for about $350 and an armoire (it has shelves inside of it and a mirror on the outside) for about $500. It all looks good, and maybe it will all work out. Anyway, I'll have to wait and see. I want to wait until next week when we can get sleeping bags really cheap to go with it.

After arriving home and putting the legs on that sofa table, I headed to Walmart to get some things for cub scouts. My son came with me. We could not find a ring toss game anywhere and certainly didn't find the water balloons needed for tomorrows activities (I got the water balloons at Walgreens). It was a long day, and I am quite tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home