Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Daddy, Daughter Date

There were more problems at work today, but I guess that's what keeps me in a job. I am grateful to have my job, and hope that it does not go by the wayside as plenty of peoples jobs have.

On my way home from work, I went into Smiths Marketplace to see if they had a "garden claw". They did. I decided that I would call Lowes, and have them give me 10% off that price. This ended up being a bit of a fiasco, but I did get it. When I got home, I called Lowes, and had them tell me their price $37. It was $29.99 at Smiths, so I asked them to call them and give me a call back if they could verify that it was the same exact one. He told me that he would call me immediately. Twenty minutes later I got through to Lowes again, and he told me that they couldn't find it. I told him exactly where it was in Smiths, and he told me he would call them, and then call me. A lot of time passed, and he hadn't done anything yet. More time passed, and I called him back. I was told that they still couldn't find it. I had to go pick up some subway sandwiches for my daughter and I, and then get to the Daddy, Daughter date. I left home.

My daughter and I went to the park where the Daddy, Daughter date was being held. We ate our sandwiches and then there were a few games. The first one was a game where your daughter threw a frisbee so far, and then you threw it so far. The goal was to outthrow all of the other daughter/father teams. We got pretty far on that one, but got beat out by one team. They then had a hoola hoop contest. The girls did pretty well, and lasted for a long time, and then they gave the hoops to the fathers. That lasted about two seconds! I wanted one of the smaller hoops as it may just fit around my waist and sit there. Next, was a water balloon toss. My daughter got wet almost immediately. They then had the girls get another water balloon to throw at their dads. I got out of there in time, and just as I turned (while running) the balloon bounced off my butt and went out harmlessly on the grass. The watermelon contest was next. Thankfully, they picked 5 different teams to compete and I didn't have too. Last of all, we got to draw pictures of our daughters. Mine came out pretty terrible.

After arriving home, my son handed me the DVD's that needed to be returned today. I also called Smiths on my own. The guy there knew exactly what I was talking about immediately although he thought the price was $39.99. I got him to go look and he verified that it was indeed $29.99. I got the UPC from him and called back Lowes. They said they were the same one, so I went in. When I got there, they asked if I had Smiths phone number. I did not. A manager was called over, and she told them to give me the same price. I didn't want it for $29.99, I wanted their promised 10% discount. They told me that they needed to call Smiths for that. I told them to go ahead. The didn't know where to look in the Yellow pages to find them. They didn't have the White pages. I expressed some dissatisfaction, and they finally gave in and just gave me the 10% on my word. Long and short? I don't think the first guy called them at all and was just making stuff up. I know it was only $3.00 for all of this aggravation, but it just got my goat how hard it was to get them to finally give me this. I get stubborn over things like this.

I returned the DVD's, gassed up the car and went home to put together the "garden claw". We tried it out and it looked like it would work, but not for what I wanted it to work for. I guess I'll still have to get out there and do some of that weeding the old fashioned way. I absolutely hate to do garden work. I had the sniffles for the rest of the evening from the little bit of weeding that I had done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home