Saturday, May 20, 2006

Color Blind

My color blindness got in my way yesterday (well actually two days ago). When I got in this morning, I found that I had taken a GUI interface and didn't connect some of my jobs up. So, I had to start some things up that didn't run because of that. One problem I had was that (after fixing this) there are red lines and green lines to hook up things. The red line is what to do if the process doesn't work, and the green line says what to do if the process does work. I reversed those lines and couldn't see it until I looked really close at them. Oh well, I'll get through it.

After I got home from work Friday, I got a few things ready to go to a priesthood commemoration. I did however, close the garage door on the open door of our new Honda Pilot. It did a nice scratch in the paint and a ding. I was furious with myself for doing this, but there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it now. Anyway, my son and I headed over to the church for going up to the Mays cabin.

The Mays cabin is up in a place called Timberlake. That is about 7-8 miles away from Heber City. We were the first to arrive at the gate, and had to wait for the rest of the vehicles (Brother May was right behind us). The cabin was absolutely beautiful. It is a log cabin. You go into the entry way where you kick off your shoes. Immediately, you have the master bedroom, and another room. Then a nice big kitchen with a 10-12 foot island. A family room is also found there. Going upstairs from that there is an area to play and watch TV. In a hallway is 3 bedrooms. The bedrooms had twin beds and double beds. Between all of them, there were 3 twin beds, and two double beds. Of course there is a bathroom on each level as well. From the play area, you can go up to a loft. The loft had 4 or 5 more double beds and a lot of room to play or sleep (not sleep as was our case). Some stairs from the main level went to a basement. There is a garage in there currently with snowmobiles and four wheelers. There is also room to build some more rooms down there. So, basically it was big and done in great taste.

We messed around a bit, and then were all settled down for a fireside. We had Jeff Frandsen (of BYU fame) talk to us (I didn't even know he was in our ward till tonight). He, of course talked to us about his football days and what it took him to get there. He played with Ty Detmer and really enjoyed his time with football. It was an enjoyable fireside. We also saw some footage of his career.

After Jeff left, we were left to play and do things on our own. I visited with a few people while they were playing games. There was foosball, playstation 2 (Madden 2006), and some card games. I finally joined a card game called Scum. I played that game until around 1:30 AM on Saturday morning. After watching some TV, I decided to try to get some sleep. This was next to impossible because the guys stayed up all night making all kinds of noises. I probably got a total of 1/2 sleep when I finally got up around 8:00 AM.

We had breakfast, and then had to get the boys to clean up. They didn't do that well, so the leaders ended up doing most of that. My carload of boys got home around noon. I took a shower, and just before walking out the door, got a call from my wife asking me to bring the keys to the car because she had locked her keys inside it. My son and I joined my wife and daughter at Liberty Park. We were celebrating Annes birthday out there. It was a nice day. Our gazebo broke which was irritating, but other than that, a great day. On the way home, my wife just about wrecked the car in a cement block that is on the freeway. Thankfully, we made it home OK.

Though it was 7:30 PM when we got home, I saw a lot of cars in the church parking lot. I couldn't believe they would still be there for Codys' Eagle Court of Honor. I ran a few errands, and still saw cars there at about 8:30 (I found out later that this thing did last over 2 1/2 hours).

I am tired, so I have to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home