Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bees

Monday, I was busy working with Gallagher Bassett trying to get information from them for the data warehouse. It wasn't coming fast. My jobs had kicked off around 1:00 AM, and are usually to me within 1/2 hour after that. After receiving the files I need to run processes to get it all in the data warehouse and then that is used from various people to know what has happened. I didn't get the files until around 2:00 PM. Obviously, the data warehouse was late as far as those claims go. It was disturbing to me, but something that I recognize that is going to happen.

On the plus side, I was able to get tickets to the Bees baseball game against Las Vegas. My wife and I discussed what kind of name the bees is for baseball. Not a very good name. I had 6 tickets to the game along with a parking pass. We didn't have anybody else to invite so just went and wasted two of the tickets. One of my sons friends was also at the game (his dad got some tickets from work as well). The only difference in our tickets is that they had a suite. We were right behind home plate.

The game was enjoyed by us, but we left at the beginning of the 9th inning. The Bees won, which makes it even more enjoyable. My kids were upset that we left early, but they had to get to bed so they could get up and go to school in the morning.

Today, work was kind of a pain. Everything in DB2 went down. I wasn't even able to start up any of my jobs until around 7:30 this morning. Of course this causes a few people to give me a phone call to see why things aren't there. All of that ended around noon, and now we need to look into why things went down. It could be because I had a job scheduled at 11:00 PM last night and I had a conflict with the backups that were going on. Hopefully, somebody at work will give me an answer to that so we can figure out what to do to correct it. I also got pulled into a meeting with the Advantage group and asked to change what I am putting into their files a little bit. I fixed the jobs that pull from the current tables and put it in their tables, but need to work on what is brought in daily.

Tonight, I decided to take my kids to the library so they could have some pizza from "The Pie", and discuss some books. I was under the impression that there was some kind of reading. Instead, they broke the kids into two groups. One group was discussing books that they have read since they met last week, and the other group had strips of paper that were what if situations, to try to produce dialogue. When I went back to the room to see what was going on, I saw three groups. My kids were in the third group (we want pizza but find this to be boring). Actually, they don't want to go again (but the pizza was good). I guess that was a failed experiment. I picked up "The Da Vinci Code" while I was at the library, and started to read it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home