Monday, May 08, 2006

Birthdays and such

It's been almost a week since I wrote here. I will have to go back from the best of my memory.

Wednesday was young men, I was told an hour before it started that I would have to take the reigns, and go with it. I was the only adult leader to show up for the deacons. Thank goodness the teachers group invited us to go with them to learn about guns and gun safety. It saved my butt.

There really isn't anything I can say about Thursday or Friday because either they were uneventful, or my age is preventing me from remembering anything.

Saturday, was a day for cleaning up around the house. I was outside most of the morning taking care of lawn and weeds. I couldn't throw the weeds into the garbage because we had forgotten to put the garbage out on Friday (so much for jokes about people getting taken out as much as the garbage). Anyway, I wore myself out pretty much.

At around 3:15 we headed out for PF Changs Chinese cuisine to have a dinner for my wifes birthday. Pam was there as well as Brandon and Ashley, and my wifes parents. Of course, my wife and I and my son and my daughter were also there. We had an excellent meal and then headed over to the Gateway (an outside mall in Salt Lake). As we wandered through there, my wife went into bath and body works, and I went in to stop her from buying something in there as she was getting something from there from me. She figured it out, so I ended up giving it to her that evening instead of Sunday on her birthday. We went to look at the fountain and a few of us climbed the climbing wall in Dicks sports. I became a little bit stiff from my climbing that wall. I had to climb fast because it kept me from thinking how high I was. When I paused for a minute, I had to come down as my fear of heights overcame me.

My wife and I ended up taking home her parents and Brandon and Ashley. Pam took our kids home with her as a gift to my wife for Sunday.

Sunday morning, I got up in time to get to the church and set up chairs in the various rooms for services. There are so many children, that we are split into two primaries, and the primary room is full with chairs. Also, the cultural hall always needs chairs set up so that we can meet for Sacrament meeting, as well as setting up chairs for the High Priest group and Elders. I went to Deacons quorum then headed home.

My wife and I decided to go to the Olive Garden for her birthday lunch with me after I had given her my other gift which was a gift certificate for a day spa, a romantic getaway, or a shopping spree at some craft store (her choice - including any combination of these things). The only hope is that if she chooses the romantic getaway, I will be included ;-). We then spent the rest of the day just enjoying being together and long walks.

Today, there were all kinds of problems at work. I had to fix some problems that happened on Saturday. That took a bit of working on to get it all done. It was good to finally have a working solution to the problems. Of course, Paul, Jana, and Mogie told us of their great trip going on a cruise out of Florida. They had a lot of fun. Not too much more to say about the day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home