Sunday, May 14, 2006

Odds and Ends

Going back to last Tuesday (if I can remember stuff). There were some problems from Mondays changes that went into Tuesday (and the rest of the week). I had to have some data dictionaries updated, and make sure to get various meta data in line. This did not fix my problems though all week. I am at a complete loss as to how to get a set of my jobs working properly now. I will have to retool everything in the process.

Nothing much to report for Tuesday evening (well at least that I can remember)

Wednesday evening I went to a combined activity with Young Men/Young Women. It was called scripture pizza or somesuch name. The kids had to answer some questions from scripture and then go up with the number of question they had answered and get that part of their dinner, and eat it in front of the leadership before they got their next question. This all ended, and they had the leaders see how many pizzas (they were about 3 inches in diameter) we could eat in 60 seconds. I came in second with only 4 of those. When I told my wife about it she told me not to do that again because you never know when something will get caught in my throat again.

Thursday evening, we had a nice evening listening to my sons music (and his music teachers last concert as a teacher). They did a wonderful job, and there was a great tribute to Mr. Cook done as well. He has been teaching for 35 years, and because the Jordan district is changing retirement rules, was practically forced into retirement. We were hoping that he would be able to teach my daughter as well, but that is not going to happen now.

I was home from work on Friday. I got the kids to school, and then my wife and I went to the mall to get our mothers some chocolate covered strawberries for mothers day. Since they are fresh we decided to go and give these to them on that day. We went to my moms first because we found that my sister-in-law was there for a bit from North Carolina. We had a pretty good visit and then went to my mother-in-laws home. All that went well. We barely got back home in time to pick up the kids. Nothing much else to report for Friday.

Saturday was just a day to take care of things at home. I mowed the lawn and took care of some weeds. I also took care of a little bit of laundry and some cleaning up of the house. Funny that this seems to take the whole day up. Our power went out when we were vegging in front of the TV. My son grabbed the Mousetrap game and we played that together and then decided on a walk. I guess the power outage was Gods way of getting us up off our butts and spend some quality time together as a family.

This morning, I got up in time to get my kids to make some breakfast for their mother (and my wife). We made her Egg, Cheese, and Canadian Bacon Muffins. They were even edible. She also got some kind of pop-tart (strawberry and cream cheese or something like that). For gifts the kids gave her a bracelet and a CD that has some talks about motherhood on it. I gave her a recipe holder (in a three ring binder that holds 3x5 cards). She seemed to like these.

I barely got to the church in time to help set up chairs for the primary, Elders quorum etc. In Deacons quorum we talked about the Word of Wisdom. Sacrament meeting was all about mothers (what else did you expect). There were no mothers day gifts given out in Sacrament meeting. It seems that anybody who had a primary child got a gift from them, but those of us who didn't have any children in primary got nothing. I know a couple of women felt slighted because of this tradition that is not being followed here.

We went home, where I barbecued up some pork chops and hot dogs for dinner. We then vegged for awhile until we had to get up and get over to mothers houses. We went to my wifes mom first. We just visited for a little while there. We then went to my moms house where we spent the rest of the time. My sister told us that we need to write to her husband in prison (we are the only ones that haven't) and then told us of some of his experiences there, and that he is not doing too badly considering the circumstances. He is learning to ask what an inmate expects in return for something so he gets no surprises when they expect something from him. He has also been reading a lot, and is taking some courses. It costs $25 for each credit hour that he takes in the way of education. He is also working as a clerk for the chaplain and making a whopping $5.35 a month.

After arriving home again, we went outside and talked with our back door neighbors a bit. We had some good converstaion, and then went inside. Nothing else is really going on. We came close to turning our air conditioning on, but decided to suffer the heat, at least for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home