Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Furniture

Yesterday, after work, we went as a family to Thomasville furniture to look at some more daybeds. They will have to order the bed in, but they had a wider selection, with more options open to us for a reasonable price. The bed we picked is called the Woodley and if we get the custom finish, I guess we're looking at $384. Of course, that isn't the finish we will go for. We will probably end up with the custom finish at a price of $475. This is with a slatted frame, no trundle. Add $231 more if we want to get that. Money is no object, of course. Yeah, right!

We then went to Ihop for dinner. We got kids meals for both of our kids (even though they are 12 and 14). Ihop has a special running where you can get a free childs meal with an adult purchase if the child is 12 and under. We didn't choose the kids meal for my son, he chose it for himself. We told them that he didn't fit in that category, but they let it pass anyway. That was nice. It saved us a couple of bucks.

Now, we need to wait until Thursday evening to finish this transaction. Of course we need to decide for sure what we want.

At lunch time today, I went to my parents house for lunch and to wish my mom a happy birthday. I told her that we wouldn't be making it to her house tonight, and that was why I came over now. They told me that they had bought my little sister another car since my nephew totaled the Lexus they had given her. I guess she will be giving my parents the money that she gets from the insurance company for the Lexus, but my parents will still be out a few thousand dollars. She said she will repay them, but they aren't holding their breath on that. She really doesn't have the money to repay them with her husband in prison for another 4 1/2 years.

Tonight, I went to Young Men, my son stayed at his grandparents house, and my daughter and wife went to Young Women. Young Women had a road rally. We were supposed to have Duty to God, but instead had Board of Reviews that we had to make sure all of our boys were ready for. We had 7 of the thirteen boys that had rank advancements, and the time was used by making sure all the boys know their knots, oaths, promises, outdoor code, and first aid. It was a good review for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home