Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time keeps on flying by

A little more than a week has gone by now. I don't know how much I can remember from a whole week, but maybe I can remember some of it. Here goes my attempt at that.

The first thing I can think of was having Friday off of work. We really didn't do that much, but the kids were home from school (end of quarter) and my wife had Gwen come over. It snowed just before Gwen got to our house. My wife cut Gwen's hair (just a trim) and then Gwen visited with us for a bit. She got reacquainted with Dee Anne and saw how our kids have grown (it's been a really long time since we had last seen her).

Gwen is a childhood friend of my wife's and it was good that she had the opportunity to reconnect with her. They also set up a lunch for a couple of weeks down the road.

In the mail of Friday we got a Netflix CD that allows us to use the WII in order to connect and watch the movies online. That seems to work quite well and now we can get the movies to our TV. I have watched a couple of movies using that and like the way it works.

Saturday I had to get with the Scouts and do a food drive for the Utah Food Bank. I drove the vehicle around while a couple of Scouts went to each door and asked for food. We didn't get a lot, but we did get more than what I thought we would. After arriving home, I headed back out to get the Honda Pilots emission check. That way I can pay the taxes on it and have it legal. I paid those yesterday as that was the last day we had to be legal.

My wife and daughter headed out to look at (and buy) a swimming suit for my daughter. This is to be her birthday present and I think they did well in getting it. It is a whole month early, but they decided that it is better to get it now than wait until everything is picked over.

Sunday, my wife took some of her medications wrong. This made her tired. I went to church with the kids. It was James Sanford's farewell, and he did a pretty good job (as I knew he would). We spent the rest of the day just relaxing at home.

Work has been pretty busy this week. I haven't had a lot of time for anything. A conversion happened over the weekend that caused me to have a few issues. I think I have mostly taken care of it (as of today) but tomorrow and Friday will probably be spent in trying to get everything in its final form. At least I am not in crisis mode.

Tuesday was a Court of Honor for me. Our son went to pizza and our daughter went to some jewelry making thing with the Young Women. The Court of Honor finished early so I was able to be back home in a short time.

Nothing much (out of the ordinary) happened today. Our daughter has been babysitting at the Morden's house tonight and is still out. I will be going to bed soon, and my wife will stay up waiting for her.

One thing I should mention is that last week, my right wrist started to ache. I have carpel tunnel. My wife had braces that I was able to find in the basement on Saturday. I started to wear it and it seems to help out. I have taken it off for quite a bit and when I do certain things I have a sharp pain in the wrist. Tonight it seems to be a bit less pain, so I'll hopefully not wear the brace so much starting tomorrow.

Well, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home