Thursday, March 18, 2010

Magruders - Missionaries - St Patricks Day

Well, I'm back to trying to figure out what went on for most of this week. That's what happens when you don't write things down every day.

On Monday I was able to pick up my laptop from work. It was finally ready, but it would be taken away from me soon enough. I was a bit late from work because of the laptop and met my wife and kids over at the Wach residence. Magruders were there along with their son Zach. We all went out to dinner together at the Olive Garden. It was a nice dinner and then we went back to the Wach home. We had a pretty good visit while we were there, and there were no family arguments as far as politics or religion.

Tuesday evening, I went to the church where the Young Men and Young Women went out as missionaries to various homes to teach a lesson to one of the members who decided to do that. I went with two other adults and three kids. One of the three was in my Deacons quorum. We had a good spiritual time there where all three of the kids did quite well. We then went back to the church were James Sanford spoke to us. He will be going on his mission soon.

Wednesday was St Patrick's Day. After I arrived home and then our son did, we headed out to Pam and Anne's house for a St Patrick's Day dinner. It was a great dinner and then a bunch of people sat down to play a game. I can't remember what it is called right now, but it was a pretty fun game. I mostly watched but had to take the losers hand when they left. I thought it kind of humorous that Marie was out to win at all costs. It didn't matter that nobody else had ever even heard of this game before this. There were things that had people known they could've done a lot better and then she didn't give them any kind of leeway when they did something a little bit wrong, and in one case she had done the same exact thing and got away with it. Oh well. It's only a game.

This morning, I started work on my laptop from home. I took care of some things and then headed into work. Once I was at work, I found that parts of my laptop weren't letting me do what I needed to do. I spent quite a bit of time down at the help desk hoping it was an easy problem. It wasn't. In the long run, I knew they would have to rebuild the software on it again. Hopefully, I will get it back (all fixed) on Friday. Thank goodness I still had my other PC on my desk so I could do my regularly scheduled work. I was even given a task to complete as soon as possible, which I have now done. Paul only told the guy I would have it completed by Monday.

Well, there is nothing else to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home