Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Klondike sled - Countertop

It's only been a few days since I last wrote. Not too much has happened, but I thought I should write it down anyways.

Tuesday evening, I went to Young Men and we ended up over at Glens house building a Klondike sled for when the boys go to camp on the 22nd of this month. I will not be going, first of all because it is too cold and I don't feel comfortable breathing that cold air through my Cpap machine and secondly because my wife will be down in St. George for the weekend with a bunch of women in our ward and in the 1st ward. Anyway, we just led the boys on how to do things and they pretty well did it. This seems like a fun project for the boys and I hope that it goes well for them when they go to race it.

Today, I worked from home because some people were coming over to take care of our countertop. I don't recall if I mentioned it or not, but our countertop was falling in one corner and we had to call to have it taken care of. It looks like they will be doing it free of charge for us, but it has been a hassle. Anyway, I was originally told that they would be coming over at 1:00 but that changed to 3:00. In reality, I got a call around 4:30 saying to expect them around 5:45.

Well, since they were going to be a bit later, I went out at lunchtime with my wife and we bought a new faucet for our kitchen. I had to take apart the plumbing under the sink including the garbage disposal, the sink drains and the water itself. Since I was that far into it anyway, I told my wife that now was the best time for us to make the change to get a faucet that has the sprayer inside the faucet since she really likes that. It was expensive, but we had the extra money to do it at this time. We also bought a cabinet to put over our toilet in the master bedroom. We also grabbed some sandwiches to bring home for lunch from Quiznos.

While I was waiting for the countertop people to come over, I started to put together the cabinet for over the toilet with our son. I am so grateful for all the help that he gives. He certainly knows what it is that he is doing. I am impressed with his varying abilities at almost everything he does. We were pretty close to done when the countertop people came over.

I let my son finish out what were were doing on the cabinet and went to talk with the countertop people. They didn't seem aware that they had to take out a cupboard before they were to do the countertop. They got it all figured out and then went to work. We could see where the pieces that were supposed to hold up the whole thing had fallen down behind the cupboards. From what we saw, they only used glue on them instead of glue and silicone. The silicone is the most important to use of the two as it is what grabs with a good solid grab. They were at our house for about an hour and a half. The only complaint I have is that they didn't know a lot of English. They have enough to get by, but that is about it.

After they left, my son and I started to put the plumbing back together. We got everything together and were able to also get in the new faucet. It looks pretty good. I hope it all works out the way my wife thinks it will. It also came with a soap dispenser. This was great because it took care of the one extra hole we would've had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home