Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back Splash

Well, over a week has gone by once again. I'm getting worse at this writing thing, not better.

The first day I can think of would be Tuesday. We were told by the people putting in our back splash that they would be over to our house at 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning. My wife got up and ready for them to come. She called me around 8:15 to see what was going on. I called out to Miguel. I got hung up on, and then tried to call Igor. Miguel called me back later and apologized for hanging up. I guess I got in the middle of some phone calls where he was telling somebody that they were fired. He felt really bad about that. Anyway, I was told they would try to get to our house around 10:00. In reality, they got there around 11:00. My wife called a little bit later and said that they had taken off the old back splash and moved the phone box and then had left. It was now around 2:00. I called again, and was told they would get back out there.

I left work at around 3:00 and got home soon after they had gotten there. They started to work. We had a marble chair rail that was put in as well, but electric outlets were kind of in the way. They had to move each and every one of those for us to have this done. Though they didn't ask for it, we gave them some extra money for moving that. They left our house at around 10:00 in the evening Tuesday evening. I had called and told Glen I would not be able to be to Scouts that night.

Originally, they had told us that they would finish in one day. This turned out to be an impossible task for what they were doing. They had to come back on Wednesday to finish a few pieces of tile and to put in the grout. I offered to work from home since my wife had a lot of things that she needed to get done that day. We arranged for them to come around our house at 10:00. It would only be Sergio that day. He was there on time and started to work. I continued to do my own work while he was in the kitchen doing his. He did a good job and we really appreciated all that he had done. He worked nonstop from 10:00 until around 4:00. We had told them that they needed to be out of there by 5:00. He barely made it out on time and we had to clean up a bit (they did the best they could in cleaning). My wife had Tony come over at 5:00 and she was actually about 15 minutes early.

Well, as you can see in the pictures, it all looks good (although these pictures don't do it justice. It cost a bit, but I think it was worth it in the long run. Once we got the workers there, it all went well. One thing that we didn't think of (and you can see it in one of the pictures if you look at detail) was that we would no longer be able to close our blinds because of the tile. We still have to cut that down a little bit.

Thursday at work, I went and asked about a car a business trip that I will be taking to Florida. It ended up being kind of a mess because I don't think Brad realized that only a couple of us were going down and the other guy asked for a van (he needs it for his family who will be with him). I couldn't tell if Brad was angry with me or with him. It turns out that he was angry with him, but I spent a weekend wondering.

Friday, I spent the day with my wife and then just did chores and stuff on Saturday. There really isn't that much to tell about the weekend. Sunday of course was Valentines day. I didn't do anything special for my wife and I think I am in trouble for that. I really should've done something.

Monday was Presidents day, and it was a overcast, crappy day. We really didn't do anything special while we had the kids out of school and me off of work. Today, I had a busy day at work and then tonight went to Young Men/Young Women combined activity. We played a game called Family Feud. I think the kids mostly had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home