Sunday, January 31, 2010

Marathon - Talks - and life in general

Well, once again, it's been awhile since I have written in this journal of mine. One of these days I'll do better, but not now. I would probably be translated if I kept journaling all the time. Now, I just have to recall everything (and at my age that is getting harder and harder.

I'll start with last Friday and Saturday. My wife took off for St. George on Friday the 22nd. So, I came home from work to a house with two kids, a dog and me. I did pick up some Arbys Roast Beef sandwiches on the way home though. That's what my kids had come up with for dinner when mom isn't home. Of course, I don't mind the easy way out either. Nothing much happened for the rest of Friday. We did get a call from Kevin who was hoping we could come out and visit him.

Saturday morning there was a little bit of shoveling of snow for me (not bad, just a little bit). I was able to get it done in good time. Of course I had also done some shoveling Friday evening as well. The scouts that I am an assistant scoutmaster too were out on a Scout camp. It was the Klondike. I couldn't go because of the cold and my Cpap machine. Also, we felt that somebody should be home with the kids. We did a couple of other chores around the house and then my son and I took my daughter to a baby shower for Cosy. My son and I decided to try to find a couple of geocaches on the way home. This wasn't to be. Even though they were allegedly easy ones to find, we couldn't find them. I'll have to try a bit more on another day.

We ran on home to drop the dog off and then headed out to see Kevin. While I was driving to see him, I got a call from my wife. She told me that she had run/walked the 5k in under 40 minutes. Later, when we looked at the results in her sex and age group, we found that she had come in 6th out of 11. For a woman who hasn't trained in that at all, I thought she had done good. I don't know if I could do that at this point as I haven't been exercising the way I should be (or at all).

At the halfway house, they take my drivers license as well as my sons (since he is 18) and then we are allowed to go back and talk with Kevin. My sister is sitting there by his side (I guess she does this each Saturday). We sit there and talk for two hours in an uncomfortable school lunch table setting. It was a good visit though. We discussed various things and then Derek and his fiance (Andy [for Andrea]) come in. My daughter has given me a call so we decide we had better head home. On the way home we buy some Tyson Appetizers (or something like that) for dinner. It has fries, buffalo wings and popcorn chicken. I won't get in trouble until one day my wife reads this and finds out about the fatty things I eat.

Saturday evening I help my daughter prepare a talk. We found something online from a preacher and modified it to fit in with her and the way she would talk. She only needed a five minute talk anyway. In the meantime my son is given a call by one of the neighbors informing him to give a talk. He told him no. He thought that would be the end of it. It wasn't.

Sunday, we all go to church. The deacons quorum presidency had changed so they had to be set apart. While that was happening, I noticed somebody had tried to come in. I told them to let somebody in. It was my son. He asked for the keys and seemed upset. After the setting apart of all in the deacons quorum, I left and gave him a call. He was upset. He had to give a talk. I told him I would come home to help him. We got it all done. In this case, I took it off the cuff because we didn't have any time to really find anything. Anyway, both of their talks went quite well (if I say so myself). And, even though it was on the same subject, their focus went to two different places. I was glad of that.

We came home from that and made some Lasagna (the frozen simple kind to make). My wife called and told me she would be coming home. We were able to have some of it for her as well. She had a wonderful time. Now, I just wish I could give her all that good of a time. That is something I still need to work on. I was grateful to have her home, and I love her dearly.

Over this same weekend, a problem at work started to develop. It is something that we have struggled with for the whole week and it still is not taken care of. That has been frustrating to me. It is still an ongoing problem that I hope will be fixed soon.

I can't think of much that has happened this past week (its terrible that you can think of something if it is longer in the past but recent past is a blur). Tuesday evening I went swimming with the Scouts. We also got to watch a blog that my brother had made up for his wife and her friend that she gave a kidney too. That was quite interesting.

Friday, I took the day off from work. My wife and I decided to go see Shelly in the hospital and then to go to lunch at the Olive Garden (it was chosen because on Thursday my coworker found a gift certificate given to him for me at Christmas since we were gone). At the hospital was my sister. We had a good time with Shelly and then decided to go with my sister to see her husband at work. We were able to take them to lunch (once again that gift certificate) and had a good time with them. We then had to go find a green tea that my wife is getting that is not fermented. It is to help out with health issues. We had to go to an Asian market to find it.

Oh, we also went to look at some tile to do our back splash with. We have some bids in and it looks like all of that will be a go. We just need to wait for all the materials to come in.

Saturday was chores. I was able to get all that done as well as getting our Honda Pilot in for an oil change. I had a good time making a shepherds pie with my son. It was a learning experience for both of us and we just did it out of our head. It came out quite good.

Today was church and that's about it. Not much, but enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home