Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Odds and Ends

Once again, I am getting behind in writing things down. As you can see by the dates some time has passed since I last wrote here. There are a couple of things to put in here though.

My wife's brother came into town with his wife. They live in Florida, and it was really good to see them. We haven't seen Kathy for awhile, but Steve has come in about twice a year. Because they came in, we headed over to my in-laws house Wednesday evening after picking up our daughter from Piano lessons and eating a small dinner. What we didn't know, is that Margaret was making dinner for us. There was a little bit of criticism over that to us. Once again, we thought we were doing the right thing, and it was absolutely the wrong thing to have done. We took over my cot with the mattress cover I put on it to make it even more comfortable. Steve didn't like the cot (he thought it too wobbly) but he did like the mattress cover for the uncomfortable hide-a-bed that he was sleeping in.

October 16th is my sister-in-laws birthday. We went back to my in-laws home the next night for that. This time we knew there would be a dinner. My mother-in-law was upset a little bit about the ham that she cooked in the stove downstairs which burned the outside of the ham. The ham was all right other than that though, so there really wasn't anything to worry about. I had taken off both Thursday and Friday because school was out for our kids because of UEA (Utah Education Association). I didn't need too though because my kids ended up staying with Aunt Pam. Actually, our son came home with us Wednesday evening and then Thursday evening went home with Pam. We had a good time at the birthday party of Pam.

Friday, we headed back to the in-laws house because we were going to go up to Park City with Steve and Kathy for the conference that they were doing up there. I didn't realize that Steve's line of work is still working with his church until I saw what was going on with the seminars they were giving. The Church of Scientology was all over everything. Steve and Kathy were a bit concerned that everybody was going up with them because they had to get work done. I told them not to worry, the work would get done. Everybody went up. We had Pam, Anne, Travis, Meghan, me, my wife, my mother-in-law and father-in-law, and Melanie. Of course Kathy and Steve were there too. Eleven people in all. We went up in two vehicles. In the long run, I think Steve and Kathy were pleased with how everybody went right to work and got them all set up. We also had to go pick up a few things at a couple of stores. After having a dinner, we headed back to Salt Lake (leaving Steve and Kathy there). We had to turn back around though because Kathy had left a notebook in our car. It was nice to get away from home for the day.

Saturday I took some weather stripping off of our two doors (front and back) and replaced it. Things weren't too difficult, but they weren't as easy as I thought they would be either. I don't think I even swore. My wife and I had a meal card to Pei Wei, so we went out on that. Other than that, we just stayed home and took care of a few chores around the house.

Sunday, we went to church. When I was in the Deacons Quorum, we found out that nobody had been told to do the lesson. I had my Palm Pilot with me with the manual, so I found out which lesson they wanted to be given and gave it. It actually went quite well. I then went to be with my wife in her special needs class. Anyway, it ended up being a normal day at church.

After church, we went went home and relaxed for a bit. We took the dog for a walk, and then we headed to Pam and Anne's to pick up our kids. Of course, Anne made a nice dinner for us as well. It was nice. Marie and Scott (newlyweds) joined us and Kiki was there as well. We usually don't have them there so much, and it was nice to see them again.

Our dog played with two of Pam's dogs (Max and Piccolo) but Indigo (the other dog) was not playing well with Lizzy. Piccolo is the best with Lizzy, and it was fun to watch those two. After an evening there, we headed home. Our son had made some money from them while he was there by doing some yard work for them (along side Anne).

The kids had Monday off school as well. I had to go into work. Our son spent some time with Craig and then they went to Bingham High (his school) to pick up the cookie dough that he needed to deliver. He delivered some of it out during the afternoon, and then came home. I got home and after we took Craig home, I went out with him to help deliver some of the cookie dough. My wife and I even went out after dinner to finish up about three more to get all the deliveries (but one) done. It was just nice to have it all taken care of. We are so proud of our son for taking care of this because he had to go out of his comfort zone in order to do so, and he put $200 into an account at school to help pay for some of his band things.

Tonight I went to a combined activity with the Young Men/ Young Women. They were tying a quilt for an Eagle project as well as going out trick or treating for food for the food bank. We got quite a bit of food and that was good, but I was a bit discouraged because they didn't even hit the whole ward boundaries. They missed my house for one of the houses that was missed. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I had a couple of the boys that were with me that kept on complaining about being out so long. I told them we had to finish up at least this area and then we could go.

Oh, there is one other thing I would like to mention here. My wife was worrying because there is a phantom going around the neighborhood. Basically somebody gives you a treat and a picture of a ghost (called phantom) and then a letter telling you to distribute treats to three more families. The reason my wife was getting concerned is because we weren't getting hit and the kids were noticing. We did finally get hit, so had to get out and do it. What I want to mention about that is that I got caught at one house, another house hasn't put the ghost in their window (so who knows if they were hit before or not) and another wasn't home and the treat got stolen (they left the phantom and the instructions) so we had to do another treat for them. Then tonight my wife is concerned about one other family that nobody seems to be doing, so she had me hit them with some treats as well. That's my wife for you. She is the most tender hearted person on things like this.

The last thing I want to do here is to put in a drawing that my daughter did free hand. She has done the Mona Lisa and I think it is a darn good depiction. This scanned in image isn't as good as her actual drawing, but it gets it pretty good. I can't believe what she can do with nothing but a pencil and a piece of paper.

Well, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home