Thursday, October 02, 2008

It's time again for me to write a bit about things in general. I really don't have a whole lot to say though.

Thursday evening my wife and I attended a scholarship meeting that was put on by the LDS Employment services of our church. I had invited Pon to come to the meeting, but he didn't come. We did take him over some material that night so he can get started looking for scholarships for his daughters. I also need to start in the search for my kids (especially since we are pretty darn late for our son). It was a good meeting and because we went up and talked to the missionaries that talked to us, we were given some material just for being in the right place at the right time. Nobody else took the time to do so. That is how some scholarships work also, evidently. So, I guess I had better get busy in getting some of this money for our children. Who wouldn't want free money. They did say they would send us some material via email if we left our email addresses at the door. We did so, but I haven't seen anything on that yet. I gave them two email addresses, and haven't seen it at either one. It's a whole week later now.

Friday, we were all at home, so we took our son over to his Grandma Wachs home so he could do some work for her to help earn some money toward going to Florida with his school this year. We are so broke, we don't know where we're going to come up with the money for this. He is going to have to help us by earning the extra money to do it. It is going to cost $1100, and we need to put down $500 now. Unfortunately, that $200 that our son will get isn't there yet because we have to get the cookie dough out to the people first. Of course, as soon as its here, we will be out delivering that and collecting the money for it. We have cut down everywhere that we can think of cutting down. For the past month I have been telling my wife that we need to be careful with our spending, and we have. When we have gone out to dinner, we have gone out on gift cards that we have had. We have only been buying the essentials, and even with doing that we are spending too much. I am sure a part of this is because of the high gas prices that have raised the prices in the grocery stores. I am hoping to be able to start catching up on everything soon. And then there are these huge amounts coming up just to give our son the opportunities that high school are affording. Thankfully, our son is stepping up to the plate and giving us what he has. He gave us the money that his Grandma gave to him for helping her out.

We left our son at Grandmas house (along with our daughter) and we went for a drive to look at the changing leaves in the mountains. My wife and I had quite an enjoyable time together doing this. We then had to go back and pick up our daughter (our son slept over) so she could do some baby sitting that night for the Nielson's.

Saturday, we headed back to Grandma Wachs house so our daughter could stay that night and we had to get our son up to the Conference Center to be an usher for the Womens conference. When I called my wife up from there she said that Pam, Anne, Zach, Melanie and Meghan were going to a movie. I showed up at the movie as well, and we watched Eagle Eye. I hated spending the five bucks for the picture, but we need to have some kind of relief. My wife was at my moms house giving her a haircut. While I was in the theater, my son called and told me that he would be done at 6:30 instead of 8:00 like he was originally told. After the movie, I headed back downtown to pick him up. I was there a little bit early, so went to temple square. There were two kids out in front of the Conference Center who were passing out some anti mormon literature, but that was all I saw for this event. I wasn't there very long when I was called and told to pick him up. We went back to Grandma Wachs house and had a nice dinner there. We left both of our kids at the Wachs and went home.

Sunday, I had the lesson to give to the Deacons quorum. It was on Celestial Marriage - A Preparation for Eternity. It was probably a good lesson for me to give because I can use some of this within my own marriage. I then went in and helped my wife out with the Special Needs class. The only one in there was Allie. My wife wasn't feeling very well after this, so we skipped out on Sacrament meeting and I had to help her out with her back. She was in a lot of pain. I hate the way that she is always in pain. I wish I could do something for her. She does really well considering the pain that she is always in.

Once again, we headed to the Wachs to pick up our kids. They weren't happy to have us there, but we did need to get them home. They thought we were there too early. We stayed for a little bit and there were some pretty good conversations that we had.

Tuesday evening, we were all split up as a family. My wife had to go to the school to learn some things about the band trip. That's where she found out that money was due yesterday for that first $500. We have the next $200 installment and then there are two more installments of the same. I went that night to a Court of Honor that was held over at the Ashtons house. This was the yearly "big" Court of Honor that they try to make special. It actually was too. We had a fire pit there and Glen set up a slide show of what the Scouts have been doing over this past year. There were a ton of merit badges given out (partly because of the Summer Camp we had this year) and of course there was a nice dinner. The dinner was a breakfast burrito. There was more than enough for everybody there. Of course, our daughter went to Young Women and also had a good time. Travis was with me.

Tonight is a night that we were looking forward to seeing the debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden (our vice presidential debate). People were concerned about Palin because she has had some bad interviews with a few people. And when I say bad, I mean terrible. However, she did a wonderful job and I was quite proud of what she said. Biden has had 35 years in the Senate so he had the definite advantage, and he knew his material well. Palin didn't have that experience, but she held her own in a regular person sort of way. Biden probably did a little bit better job because of his senatorial position, but I think Palin won because she wasn't expected to do as well as she did. It was an interesting debate. Of course both people said false things about the others campaigns.

Well, that's about it for this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home