Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Disneyland

Well, I made it to Disneyland. Here is what happened. I went to the Hospital to have some CT Scans done at around 1:30 last Wednesday. Then, I had a doctors appointment at 4:15 with Dr Daynes. He came in and told me that I did indeed have a kidney stone. I told him that I was sure of that. He asked me if I had had them before and I told him that I should be collecting frequent miles on that train. Of course, the real question I had, was can I go to Disneyland. He told me that I only had the one and it had gotten caught up in getting into the bladder, but it was right at the end. I may feel a little bit more pain with it tearing its way into the bladder, but then the next pain would be expelling it. I was also told that it is 4 mm x 2.5 mm. They will actually blast 4 mm stones, but this was already to a good point. The only real pain that I thought I would have would be in it coming out of my body. I got a prescription for percocet (which I picked up) and left his office. The stone passed through the rest of the way at 4:30 AM and I caught it in the strainer. I knew it would be there in the morning because I felt the pointy edges that night. I was just grateful that I wouldn't have to carry a strainer with me on the trip. That's always fun to explain to the security check points at the airport.

When we were leaving to the airport we were driving through snow. I couldn't believe that it would actually be snowing as we were leaving. Of course we hoped for great weather in California (which we got). I had forgotten to take my pocket knife out of my pocket until I was at security, so I had to go buy stamps and mail it back to my house. The plane ride was uneventful, but my wife was kind of sick as we landed at the long beach airport. She thought it was about as bad as riding the teacups.

One of the reasons my wife didn't want to rent a car was because she was sure I would get lost. So, we found a van that would take us to our hotel for $45. The funny part was, he got lost on the way to the hotel. He took us to the wrong hotel. We were staying in Homewood Suites by Hilton and he took us to another Hilton. Then the woman at the Hilton told us to drive the wrong way to get to our Hotel. We passed Disneyland, and I called the Hotel and got the real directions. We weren't lost too badly. It was hard to understand the driver. He was from Cambodia, but has been in this country since the 80's. He just didn't speak all that clearly for us. He seemed to be really nice. We set up for him to come pick us up on Monday when we were going home.

Soon after getting settled into the Hotel, we went to Disneyland. We started out by getting onto Star Tours, and went from there. We were pretty lucky and though Disneyland was crowded with Spring Break people, we got on quite a few rides that night. We went back to the Hotel and the kids enjoyed swimming while I enjoyed being in the Hot Tub.

Friday, we went back to Disneyland but went to California Adventures. We were in the front, and had gotten there early enough that we should've been the very front to the Tower of Terror (that is our all time favorite ride). As they let people in, everybody rushed and quite a few actually would elbow you back a bit. Then, a group of kids were holding hands and cut everybody off. My wife was quite perturbed (and who could blame her) and lifted up some of their hands and broke the line. We got in pretty good to the Tower of Terror. Those kids were pretty mad though. We stayed until around noon, and then went to the Hotel for swimming. We came back later in the afternoon.

More of the same happened both Saturday and Sunday. We couldn't believe all the people who were there on Easter Sunday (of course we were a part of that). Monday morning, we decided to go there and get in a few rides. This was the biggest crowd that we had seen the whole time. The line to get through security was a lot longer. The line into Disneyland was huge and then it was so crowded one could hardly walk around. The Indiana Jones ride was already over an hour wait and the fast passes were two hours away. We walked around a bit and then went to California Adventures around 11:00. Those lines were still way long. It was incredible. However, the Tower of Terror line was short and we got right in. We went on that twice and then the kids decided we should just go to lunch and get ready to go.

We got a different driver to pick us up at the Hotel. He called and told us his was a black van and the new number. It wasn't at the Hotel. I called him back and asked which Hotel he was at (yes, he got lost too). He was at the wrong Hilton. Anyway, we got to the airport with a lot of time to spare. I had left our aerosol can of suntan lotion in my carry on, so that had to be thrown away (that was a stupid mistake). The trip home was uneventful.

After getting to our SUV we went to Pams house to pick up our dog. We visited for awhile. Her foot had been cut and she was bleeding. My wife spent some time that evening taking care of our dog. We put a bandage on it with a sock to help keep it on.

I stayed home from work on Tuesday. The kids went to school. My wife and I went shopping at JC Penneys, and other than that, did nothing else. We did go to the in-laws to pick up our bird and then got home in time to hurriedly eat and get to Young Men/Young Women. As it worked out for me, the Deacons had gone out passing out bags for the Food Drive this Saturday. I missed that. Instead, I went and picked up a few grocery items and got some DVD's. We just had to get "The Tower of Terror" as something fun to watch. We watched it that night.

Tonight, we went to a concert that was put on with the Concert Bands and Orchestras at my daughters middle school. There really isn't anything else to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home