Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Well, our son made it home from Florida all safe and sound. Mom is happy that he is home, and we have tried to find out what exactly he did, but as usual, it is on his terms. He will tell us things when he sees fit to tell us. He did give us a little bit though, and we were grateful for that. It seems that he really did enjoy being out there among his friends although the lines were long and it was crowded. He also says that the Space Center was a waste of time and money. He was careful of what he spent, and only spent $30 out of the $100 that he took.

Wednesday our daughter had to go to school. We had her get ready to go to Grandma Wachs house to stay a couple of days. There was a misunderstanding that she would be staying all the way through Sunday, though we did everything in our power to make it not be so. Sometimes Grandma Wach tries to finagle things around to get her way. My wife and I wanted her to be home because it would be Easter Sunday, as well as the fact that we would be getting her brother home. In the long run, she went on Thursday (when my wife went to cut hair and do coloring of hair) and we picked her up Saturday afternoon.

I had Friday off of work, and my wife and I just spent some quiet time at home. We did go out to eat for lunch and then stopped into Hollywood Video to pick up a couple of DVD's. We watched one of them (Bolt - an animated Disney movie). It was quite enjoyable to us to watch this movie.

I do have to complain about Hollywood Video though. They have changed the way they operate and no longer have the MVP program that I was on. What that was, is that for $15 a month I could go in and pick up any DVD I wanted to (up to three at a time) except for the very newest releases (it usually takes 3-4 weeks for those to be available to me), and they would be due 5 days later. If I wanted too, I could go in early and exchange any of those three for another one. Basically, it was almost unlimited to the amount of DVD's I could get for this price. There were restrictions, but I was aware of those and willing to live with it. I generally don't need to get the newest release to see.

Well, that has all changed. Now, they have what is called PowerPlay. I think they are changing because of the rough economy. I don't even know if they will survive. Blockbuster is looking at possibly losing their business, and I kind of think if they go, Hollywood will go soon after that. Anyway, I can take that same $15 a month (they have other plans available) and for each dollar, I get one point. If you don't use all of your points during the month, they roll over to the next month. You then rent DVD's for 2 points (if it's an old movie) or 3 points (the new releases). Originally, I thought this meant the ones that I couldn't get before waiting 3-4 weeks, but then I was informed that it was all of the videos on the walls. In other words, really old movies are the only ones that go for 2 points, and I rarely even go there. So, the most movies I can get per month now is 7.5, the minimum would be 5. That is awful in my estimation. There are no late fees so I can keep them as long as I want, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I feel kind of ripped off that they have gotten rid of the old program. I am only on this new program because they have given me one month free. I will let them know what I think of it again when the month is over. One thing that I feel was taken from me is that I was able to risk getting movies that may not be too good. With the new system, I don't feel that is available to me. I feel that I may miss out on some good ones because there really isn't a way to know if it is good or not. So, Hollywood Video? this sucks.

OK, enough of a rant now. As I mentioned, we picked our daughter up Saturday after doing some cleaning. My wife really went to town in cleaning out our sons room. I helped a little, but probably wasn't enough of a help there. I did get outside to mow the lawn (for the first time of the year) and couldn't believe that our lawn is growing so soon.

Now, I need to say that our dog (Lizzy) really did miss our son. She kind of moped around. There were times that I tried to do the little foot dance that our son does to get her to come chasing him, and she just looked at me and then proceeded to ignore me. She wasn't about to let me take the place of our son. She still enjoyed some moments with us, but she wasn't as spry as she usually is with him around. It was all interesting.

Saturday evening, our daughter went to a Stake dance and I think she enjoyed her time there. I picked her up from that as my wife headed out to the airport to pick up our son. His plane came in about 45 minutes late, but I was able to keep track of that on the computer and gave my wife minute to minute updates on what was happening there. I took the dog with me when I went to pick up our daughter and my wife was a bit upset with me because she wanted to see the reaction of the dog when our son came through the door. I guess I took that away with the dog. But, she was quite excited and animated when she did see him.

Today, we went to church. We did leave sacrament meeting after taking the sacrament so we could get ready and go over to the Wach house for Easter. In the morning, we had the kids find their candy (our daughter told us we had to hide it) and I got some for me. This time, we got some homemade truffles as well as some hand dipped cinnamon bears in chocolate. There is a lady in the ward that does these and that is what we decided to have. My wife had given away one that she had gotten for herself because she has just gotten a new person to do visiting teaching too. She is OK with that, but at the same time a little bit bummed. She is such a giving person. This is one of the many reasons that I married her.

Oh, back to the party. We were told to come a bit later so my wife didn't prepare her dish till a bit later and then we were called about why we weren't already over there. This was a bit upsetting to my wife who tried to time things right. Sometimes, its as if there is nothing you can do right. Anyway, we got there and they hadn't started to eat yet. We had a nice dinner and then the young kids had the Easter Egg hunt. They seemed to have a good time. The people who were there were our family. Kirby, his girlfriend, and three kids, Brandon, Nathan, Chantelle and Mike and their two girls, Pam (and later Ann), and Grandma and Grandpa Wach. Oh, I guess I can't forget Zach. I think I got them all. Anyway, we stayed there for awhile and just visited. It was a good day. The candy doesn't hurt either.

Well, that's about it (as if I didn't write too much today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home