Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools

Just thought I would make a quick post tonight about today.

As usual, this morning I got up and got ready for work. I checked my blackberry phone to see if my jobs had ended properly as is a morning ritual. I didn't have anything as ending, and I didn't have anything saying they didn't end properly. I got on the computer at home and checked, and my jobs just happened to be running late. When my son was ready for school I took him there and headed to work, as is the usual thing I do.

At work, I went to talk with Jana and was told that things were going really slow, and she was wondering if I could cancel my jobs. I didn't think my jobs were in the way, and we just left them running. Time progressed and one of my monthly jobs failed. When I looked at the reason, one of the records in the data had a bad date. I had decided on a way to get it all loaded, and was able to do that. I had told Paul that one of my sets of jobs was going to be really close to finishing on time for another job to pick up the data and load it. That job ended about 1 minute after the second job started up. So, of course, I had to fix up that little mess as well. A little into the day I was told about another problem that we were having because of the run the day before that I had only partially fixed. I had forgotten about the second part. This caused another extra problem. Anyway, I spent the whole day just taking care of problems. It was one of those painful days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home