Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sick daughter

Well, Friday was more of the same.

Just as I was getting ready to leave work, there was a problem with the logging of the jobs in the data warehouse. I made Darren aware of this and sent him some information. He left me an email stating that Tom would want to look at it and I assumed that he would call Tom in on this. Later that night I got an email that one of my jobs had finished working on my blackberry, so I assumed that everything would be fine. I was wrong.

When I arrived home Friday evening, I found that my daughter was asleep in our bed. She seems to have some flu-like symptoms (although she isn't throwing up). My wife took care of her through everything. I was really grateful for that. I slept on the couch both Friday evening as well as Saturday evening. My wife slept on the couch in our room on those same two nights while our daughter was in our King size bed. I slept OK, but not wonderful, and I am sure the same is true of my beautiful wife. I love her and all that she does for our family.

Soon after waking up Saturday morning, I got looking at the blackberry that work has given me and found that I didn't get notification of the main jobs finishing, but I did get notification of another job that finished and I got notified of a problem (that really wasn't a problem) based on what had or had not happened. When I logged into work from home, I found that the jobs weren't logging as I had thought. I decided to call Tom, but he wasn't at home and he wasn't by his cell phone. I made a couple of calls and played around with a few things (bouncing the server and such) but to no avail. Paul mentioned that I should clear the log out with a job that does that weekly and I ran that job. The problem was, it took down the logging and it didn't come back up.

Tom finally called me back because he saw that I had tried to call him a few times. I let him know what was going on (or what was supposed to be going on) and despite dropped calls from my blackberry, we were getting some things done. I had to call him on my land line. That was kind of bad because he would call back on the land line and wake up my daughter who was trying to sleep.

In between what I was doing at work, I was also taking care of some of the laundry. But, I ended up working most of the day on Saturday. Things were finally fixed, and I was able to run my jobs from the night before. I was glad to get it all done. I finished up, just before my 6:00 PM Saturday jobs kicked off.

This morning, I checked my blackberry again, and it seems that one set of my jobs did not kick off at 7:00, so I had to get up and manually kick off those jobs. I am going to have to find out on Monday what happened there.

Our daughter was still sick, and my wife knew that the two students in her class would not be there, so she volunteered to stay home with her. My son and I went to church and it was Ward Conference. The Young Men and Young Women met together and I went in to be with them. They had the Stake Young Women President and Stake Young Men President speak to them as well as our bishop. Overall, it was a good meeting.

Before I went to class, I talked with Bishop Dial (from another ward) and he talked to me a bit about my daughter and one of the youth in his ward. I then went to Sunday School. Not much in there that was new (of course there usually isn't).

Our daughter seems to be doing a bit better tonight, and hopefully she will be well enough to go to school in the morning. We really didn't do too much tonight. I played a little bit on my sons Ipod Touch as well as the Wii system that we have. My wife and daughter watched the Academy Awards and that was about it for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home